Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
man whats frustrating is that they wont give us a date.. how long am i supposed to wait?

They told me a date a week ago. Not sure why they didn't tell you.

Thank you for your recent order, we value and appreciate your business.Your Nokia Lumia has been reserved and is expected to arrive on or around November 14, 2012. All orders are processed on a first-come, first served basis.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
They told me a date a week ago. Not sure why they didn't tell you.

Thank you for your recent order, we value and appreciate your business.Your Nokia Lumia has been reserved and is expected to arrive on or around November 14, 2012. All orders are processed on a first-come, first served basis.
oh wow really? so they should send it out by tomorrow night right

wenw

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
i just talked to a rep online n this is what she told (she took forever to answer)

"Mildred: I will be right with you.
Mildred: Thank you for waiting. I will be with you in just a moment.
Mildred: I am sorry for the delay. I will be right with you.
Mildred: Thank you for waiting. I am truly sorry but we currently do not show any inventory.
Mildred: Once your order has been shipped from our warehouse, you will receive an e-mail with the carrier information and Tracking Number."

man whats frustrating is that they wont give us a date.. how long am i supposed to wait?

Same here. The rep online told me everything is on backordered and she had no idea about the shipping date or availability of the inventory. So frustrating...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The excitement is kinda fading for me. Not really tracking the status of yellow L920s as much. Do I still want it? Yeah, and I'll probably go to my local Microsoft Store if they happen to have it the day I call and check, but the disappointment in how this launch was handled has slowly been killing my enthusiasm.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The excitement is kinda fading for me. Not really tracking the status of yellow L920s as much. Do I still want it? Yeah, and I'll probably go to my local Microsoft Store if they happen to have it the day I call and check, but the disappointment in how this launch was handled has slowly been killing my enthusiasm.
you know i said the same thing yesterday.. i was so excited when i ordered my phone but im soo tired now of talking to different ppl just to know when its gonna ship! i mean it is just a disaster.. do i want the phone? YES but im just not excited.. :( even more frustrated

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what the big worry is. When it first went up it was expected to ship on or around the 12th. Now it says, "expected to ship on the 12th". Here it is, the 12th. If you notice, things tend not to ship until later in the day anyways.

I'll be agitated if it doesn't ship by the end of the day, but not terribly so until a couple days pass by and it still hasn't shipped.

Look, we all wanted our yellow *** phones enough to wait a few days. We will be rewarded for our patience.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
When I went to preorder on the AT&T site on the first day of preorders, there were estimated dates for all the phone.

All of them stated that it would ship "on or around" (I believe that was the wording) 11/09/12. Well, all EXCEPT the yellow. I believe the yellow listed 11/12/12 (or 11/14/12, I forget which) as the estimated ship date.

While I WISH I had my phone now, I'm not quite sure what all the frustration is about. It was pretty clearly stated right at the beginning.

*wife just confirmed it said 11/14/12 when we finally fully placed the order the next day

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Takela: Not counting the weekend. You should show a change sometime this week.

This is for the red Lumia 920 though... I placed the preorder last Wednesday and they cannot tell me more than a "change in status" sometime this week...

I am beyond frustrated, I really don't care anymore. I will be gone all next week and if they cannot get the phone to me this week, It will go back.... this is ridiculous. :mad:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
When I went to preorder on the AT&T site on the first day of preorders, there were estimated dates for all the phone.

All of them stated that it would ship "on or around" (I believe that was the wording) 11/09/12. Well, all EXCEPT the yellow. I believe the yellow listed 11/12/12 (or 11/14/12, I forget which) as the estimated ship date.

While I WISH I had my phone now, I'm not quite sure what all the frustration is about. It was pretty clearly stated right at the beginning.

*wife just confirmed it said 11/14/12 when we finally fully placed the order the next day

It actually said it would ship the 12th, and that people would have them by the 14th (not ship on the 14th). My frustration isn't just with AT&T, it's with Microsoft Stores that had no clue about the launch, and whose sales reps sometimes didn't even know they had the phone in stock. It's also with them having every color except yellow.

Not only that, but loads of people that pre-ordered other colors through AT&T still haven't received their Lumia 920s. Heck, plenty of black, white, cyan and red units haven't even shipped yet despite having been ordered the day pre-orders began.

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a nightmare of a time just trying to place my order for a yellow 920. I placed an order yesterday with a rep over the phone, I confirmed with her literally, 5 times that what I'm ordering is a Lumia 920 in yellow, with a wireless charger in black (per the special). She confirmed, all was good, order was placed, card was charged order processed. I get my confirmation email, and it shows that I ordered a "Hi Tec PM23300" which when I google it, is a HTC 8X.

So like anyone else would do, I called them to get the order fixed/canceled, and I can't even get that done right. These reps are seriously horrible. I've been on the phone for an hour just trying to get it canceled/rectified. Word of advice to all, just order it using the website. The rep's don't even know what the heck they're doing. How does a Lumia 920 in yellow become a HTC 8X after I confirmed multiple times that I was ordering a yellow 920???

Update: Just got off the phone. So my order is already processing, so it can't be canceled. I have to wait for the package to arrive, take it to the carrier who delivered it to have it shipped back. Then I have to wait for it to get there so my already "ported" number can be reported to a different device. Then I have to place another order for the yellow 920. This is so frustrating. I regret even ordering the yellow phone for my wife. This is starting to feel like the white iPhone 4 bullcrap that happened on launch week.

Last edited:

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Preordered a yellow and red on the 7th. Both are still showing processing. Called them regarding the red which was supposed to be here the 9thy and was told it should ship in 3-5 business days....at this rate the yellow wont be until next week :(

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Admittedly, I will feel a little frustrated if the yellow isn't here by Friday.

Got my wife the red one from a store on launch day. So it just looks at me... teasing me... every day.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Got my wife the red one from a store on launch day. So it just looks at me... teasing me... every day.

Funny, exact opposite for us here. I bought myself the red one on Friday and it's sitting there teasing my Wife while she waits for her yellow one to arrive. :)

I'm having a nightmare of a time just trying to place my order for a yellow 920. I placed an order yesterday with a rep over the phone, I confirmed with her literally, 5 times that what I'm ordering is a Lumia 920 in yellow, with a wireless charger in black (per the special). She confirmed, all was good, order was placed, card was charged order processed. I get my confirmation email, and it shows that I ordered a "Hi Tec PM23300" which when I google it, is a HTC 8X.

So like anyone else would do, I called them to get the order fixed/canceled, and I can't even get that done right. These reps are seriously horrible. I've been on the phone for an hour just trying to get it canceled/rectified. Word of advice to all, just order it using the website. The rep's don't even know what the heck they're doing. How does a Lumia 920 in yellow become a HTC 8X after I confirmed multiple times that I was ordering a yellow 920... this is very... VERY annoying.

It took me 4 phone calls to order the Yellow one correctly...although it's still not correct. I have to call again today to get them to fix the pricing (they charged for the wireless pad). I tried working with their live chat support, but apparently they cannot fix/remove the charge on the order.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

If not by Friday I'll probably go buy a red one. But I'm far from frustrated now I didn't expect it until Wednesday or Thursday.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My order still says it's processing. Hopefully that will change to "shipped" by the end of the day.
I was on AT&T's product page for the yellow Lumia 920, and the message that had been posted there about it shipping on November 12 is now gone. Must mean it's now available.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My order still says it's processing. Hopefully that will change to "shipped" by the end of the day.
I was on AT&T's product page for the yellow Lumia 920, and the message that had been posted there about it shipping on November 12 is now gone. Must mean it's now available.

I noticed that too. I dropped the extra coin for next day air as well. So....hopefully tomorrow!

I've waited so long to replace this OG Focus.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if that was automatically set to come down on today's date or if it was manually removed. Either way, hopefully those of you that pre-ordered will have your phones shipped today. As mentioned in other threads, FedEx is indeed doing business on Veteran's Day.

fradchad

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting...

I chatted online with AT&T and verified with the rep that they cant see anything farther than what we can see online = useless. Next I went to twitter. For those who dont know... AT&T has great support on twitter! Its how I get most things done hahaha. Anyway, I tweeted and they told me to contact this other id at twitter.. still waiting on a response for that... tic toc.. mail my phone... tic toc.

cinamann

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The good part for us who ordered yellow is that Black Friday will be within the return period. If they have super sales, I'm gonna call att and have them match the price again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss