Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

ChiefOBrien

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the yellow on pre order since Wednesday but could not stand the wait any longer, especially since AT&T can't even give me an estimated arrival date. Had to cancel the pre order tonight, head to the Microsoft store, and pick up their last 920 in red. I'm not a huge red fan but this shade is seriously sexy and I was instantly drawn to it.

Stay the path my fellow yellow fans, hopefully you get some information soon. I hope I don't regret this once I see the yellow in person but I am very content with red right now.

Interestingly enough, my manager friend at the Microsoft store said she's unsure if they are even going to receive the yellow ever at the store (they have all other colors excepting grey). She and 2 others referred to the yellow color as "limited" or "special" edition. Who knows how accurate that information is though.

Grog337

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bet they didn't take Veteran's day into account and are waiting to send via USPS (not my preference of shipping method ). After looking through some of the other threads, that seems to be how many of the others were delivered.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I ordered Next Day Air. Also, I ordered something from Amazon last night and it shipped today.

I've waited SOOOO Long, and then knowing I'd have to wait a bit longer just to get yellow (which I've had my heart set on) sucked but I was willing to go through with it.

I've made numerous Facebook posts about how excited I am to get a yellow phone. I'm not gonna do an about face on this.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the yellow on pre order since Wednesday but could not stand the wait any longer, especially since AT&T can't even give me an estimated arrival date. Had to cancel the pre order tonight, head to the Microsoft store, and pick up their last 920 in red. I'm not a huge red fan but this shade is seriously sexy and I was instantly drawn to it.

Stay the path my fellow yellow fans, hopefully you get some information soon. I hope I don't regret this once I see the yellow in person but I am very content with red right now.

Interestingly enough, my manager friend at the Microsoft store said she's unsure if they are even going to receive the yellow ever at the store (they have all other colors excepting grey). She and 2 others referred to the yellow color as "limited" or "special" edition. Who knows how accurate that information is though.

I don't know about that, every Microsoft Store I've called or went to says yellow has already been ordered, and so it's a matter of when they'll get yellow, not if. I don't know who to believe. One rep on the phone sounded frustrated and told me "it's just been a mess" in reference to the WP8 launch at their stores.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I bet they didn't take Veteran's day into account and are waiting to send via USPS (not my preference of shipping method ). After looking through some of the other threads, that seems to be how many of the others were delivered.

They would be even dumber than I thought if they didn't actually look at a calendar when coming up with a date. Besides, they use FedEx, which was in business today. There are no excuses, AT&T simply thinks the work is done once they land an exclusivity deal.

fradchad

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
the most reassuring thing...

the most reassuring thing is that AT&T updated their front page to not list that the yellow is expected to ship on the 12th.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
i bet its the veterans day thing cuz lets say that they dont have yellow one in stock but they should have send out those free wireless charging pads correct? to some of them at least but did they send out to anyone? today? so that means it has to do with the veterans day i guess?

Bundalings

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Wallpapers: I'll use Bing for the lock screen and I'll go with mauve/olive/taupe/steel for the theme, not sure which.
Ringtones: I've been using a selection of tones from the Portal 2 soundtrack and I haven't tired of them, so probably that.
Case: heck no

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I got ancy and just popped open a chat window.

Apparently.....according to "Shelley" all of the 920's are on back order. At least I was told that after saying that "I was being punished for liking Yellow."

Yeah, piss poor communication, piss poor availability, piss poor launch. It's one thing if I'm told when I'm ordering something what to expect, but man.....

Also, I may or may not be able to cancel the order. I really want yellow, and even if I cancel, I might not be able to get anything else.

mjfadaway

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Does Nokia hand carve the yellow Lumia?

This is getting ridiculous! The one freaking device color that they show off the most has yet to be shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
so no one likes my this theory?

I like it, but a lot us have been told its been back ordered, and i was even told that all of the colors have been back ordered.

You'd think if your answer was true, that would be a nicer answer to give people as I feel like they'd be less pissed off than, "YEAH Um, WE HAVE NO FREAKING CLUE WHEN YOU'LL GET YOUR DEVICE."

I'm not that mad right now...I'm just constantly thinking of all the ways my life will be upgraded.

wenw

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
i bet its the veterans day thing cuz lets say that they dont have yellow one in stock but they should have send out those free wireless charging pads correct? to some of them at least but did they send out to anyone? today? so that means it has to do with the veterans day i guess?

Maybe the charging plate is also out of stock??

But I don't believe they have nothing at all in their warehouse...So if they have some, or even one phone/charging plate in stock, they should have send it out today. So your theory makes some sense. Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day for us.

mariogarza87

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I also got a bit desperate and I opened a chat windows with AT&T. They basically told me the device is not yet available to ship, they are having delays.

The good thing is, they gave me $130 in credit for the inconvenience. So, I'm pretty sure it's delayed and not because of veterans day.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I also got a bit desperate and I opened a chat windows with AT&T. They basically told me the device is not yet available to ship, they are having delays.

The good thing is, they gave me $130 in credit for the inconvenience. So, I'm pretty sure it's delayed and not because of veterans day.

Jeez man, I didn't get that.

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Most of my pre orders always result in back ordered stuff. Like others have said, it's probably due to volume of orders, so even though they get a shipment of X amount of phones, they're already reserved for pre-orders, so they're being told it's on back order

On the other hand, go to the AT&T page and try to buy a yellow Lumia 920 as a new customer, it shows up as in stock. So... hahaha.

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I was at AT&T tonight and I took a bus to Torrance to find a store that had White 920's in stock. I convinced myself to just get one. And when I got there, they had a yellow one on display. First time I've ever seen one in real life. It was the sexiest thing I've ever seen. Needless to say, I didn't walk out with a white one. I'm waiting.

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I was at AT&T tonight and I took a bus to Torrance to find a store that had White 920's in stock. I convinced myself to just get one. And when I got there, they had a yellow one on display. First time I've ever seen one in real life. It was the sexiest thing I've ever seen. Needless to say, I didn't walk out with a white one. I'm waiting.

Nice. Makes me feel better about the wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven