Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

scridder

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just got the fedex number, also shipping from Memphis. Premier order was placed as soon as pre-order went live. I received the order confirmation email at 10:59 pm central on 11/6.

I didn't have to wait for the fedex number to be active like some of the earlier confirmations, so I'm guessing there might be some manual process to update the att info (meaning they'd be shipping faster than the orders are updating). That's pure speculation but it makes sense to me.

EmWii

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been on the phone with AT&T for another 30 minutes today. I was told that are definitely back ordered and are shipping out at first come, first serve. (Duh!) After explaining to the rep that this was our upgrade and we were actually questioning committing to another two years, she sent my call to customer care. This guy had no clue about the phone being back ordered. He got his manager involved. They pulled up the inventory and said that Nokia has not shipped them enough to ship out. I explained to this new guy that we may want to cancel (not really going to b/c we REALLY want the yellows) and he has placed me on hold long enough to write all of this.

We placed our "pre-order" on Wednesday 11/7/12 at 11:33 AM (CST). Not premier.
It still says processing or in progress depending on which way you search.

He just came back to the phone and gave me another credit of $40.00. We also had both of our activation fees waived of $36 a piece. All together so far, we've saved $112.00, so essentially, we will be getting one phone for free...

scridder

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I thought the pre-order started on Wed 11/7? How did some of you get it pre-ordered on 11/6?
time zone. they started preorders midnight on the east coast, plus preorder went live just before midnight. the west coast guys didn't even have to stay up late. :) someone on here mentioned something about premier customers (those with a company discount applied to their account) might've had the midnight preorder time with general orders opening up later in the morning.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.. I'm starting to wonder if I should have pre-ordered now, despite the headaches. People are finally starting to see their ship and Microsoft Store still doesn't have any.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, timezone. I ordered mine as soon as it went live on the east coast. Right after midnight on the 7th. And I'm premier for what it's worth. And yeah, the premier part of the AT&T website went live with preorders before the regular part. I remember some guys in the forums saying they "couldn't see the preorder page" while those with premier could.
-joe-

Last edited:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
(chanting) do it! do it! :)

you know how much fun it is hittin f5 every couple minutes!

Haha. I must admit there is a thrill in tracking toys I'm excited about, but I'd much rather purchase by hand whenever possible. I figured since the Microsoft Store launched their L920s on the same day as AT&T, they'd also have their yellow L920s available on the same day AT&T has theirs and begins shipping them.

Guess I should know better than to use logic when dealing with these corporations...

scridder

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmm.. I'm starting to wonder if I should have pre-ordered now, despite the headaches. People are finally starting to see their ship and Microsoft Store still doesn't have any.
(chanting) do it! do it! :)

you know how much fun it is hittin f5 every couple minutes!
oops, i misread your statement about pre-ordering. still, it's not too late to order now if you're looking for yellow. att isnt planning on having them in store. ms store might, but you might wait to find they don't and have to order online anyway. :confused:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
oops, i misread your statement about pre-ordering. still, it's not too late to order now if you're looking for yellow. att isnt planning on having them in store. ms store might, but you might wait to find they don't and have to order online anyway. :confused:

Yeah, that's the dilemma. The Microsoft Store has told me repeatedly that yellow is on order and they just don't know when they're going to receive them. Sigh... If I wait too long I won't get it until after Thanksgiving at the earliest. I want to give it until Friday though.

scridder

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Haha. I must admit there is a thrill in tracking toys I'm excited about, but I'd much rather purchase by hand whenever possible. I figured since the Microsoft Store launched their L920s on the same day as AT&T, they'd also have their yellow L920s available on the same day AT&T has theirs and begins shipping them.

Guess I should know better than to use logic when dealing with these corporations...
pre-ordering can be interesting. i went through a similar mental process. i pre-ordered with best buy back in oct when they opened it up, but when i heard att announced their pre-orders i got cold feet and cancelled the best buy order to wait for att, assuming att would probably ship before best buy. i havent heard of anyone ordering from best buy and getting their orders, so i assume i made the right choice.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234