Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

ZoSo925

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If your a Premier Order you can't use that web site to track. You have to track it on the Premier Web Page order status

I can't even check the status of my order through the ATT wireless URL that everyone else is having so much success with.

As a new customer I do not have a log in account yet.

My phone number could not be used and they had to create a temporary one to push the order though, so I can't check by number.

I can't check by order because I only have the number from the email, not this mysterious second one that has all the answers..

lifesizepotato

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I ordered mine on the 7th at about 7am PST through Premier. Order has been processing until about 20 minutes ago when it changed to shipped and listed a tracking number!

Weird thing is when that updated I received an email from Premier telling me that my items are on backorder rather than that they had shipped. Checking the order from the Premier sight rather than the ATT site shows my order still in "Pre-order Processing" either way I am still on the lookout to find one at a Corp ATT or MS store and cancel the preorder today or tomorrow and hoping that if I don't have any luck it will show up Friday.

Is it the same email that a bunch of people got earlier today? Looking at my order page, it appears that the charging plate is the backordered item and didn't get shipped out.

Larylicious

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing just happened... I got the "sorry your order has been back ordered..." email. Then .005 seconds later, another email saying "We shipped your order..." The dumb thing? They list the following items as shipped:
LARRY T 415-xxx-xxxx Upgrade
Phone/Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (High Gloss Yellow)
Accessories: 1 - Nokia Black Wireless Charging Plate

But on this page:
https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status_results.jsp

the charging plate is backordered?

Does that mean I'm getting 2 charging plates????

culpepperkelli

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing just happened... I got the "sorry your order has been back ordered..." email. Then .005 seconds later, another email saying "We shipped your order..." The dumb thing? They list the following items as shipped:
LARRY T 415-xxx-xxxx Upgrade
Phone/Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (High Gloss Yellow)
Accessories: 1 - Nokia Black Wireless Charging Plate

But on this page:
https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/order_status_results.jsp

the charging plate is backordered?

Does that mean I'm getting 2 charging plates????
are you premier and when did you order

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So I spoke to a customer care with the sweetest young lady (Sounded like Bernadette from Big bang theory) Patched me over to e-commerce. And eventually got to management

I was told my order is in progress, I asked for an explanation of what this meant. She said at this point my phone has the sim card inside of it and it's packaged and awaiting shipment. She said today or early tomorrow I should receive tracking. When she saw my order she was like "Oh, this code is for the Yellow Lumia 920, I can certainly help you, I've dealt with this all day"

She also apologized on behalf of all of the CSRs I have dealt with and said she was embarrassed because her department has been in charge of this and they did horribly.

Maybe I was fed BS, but it made me feel better.

Vioalas, what phone number did you call and what department was able to give you information about your order? Interesting they were able to see your sim was already installed in the phone. I haven't had any luck getting through to any knowledgable reps. Thought I might try the number you used.

radioactiverice8

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I just this minute got the "your order is shipped" email. Even though I've known for a few hours now. And got another "backordered" email. Presume it's about the charging plate.
-joe-

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ordered in store on the 10th

Thought I'd get this as my birthday gift for the 13th (Associate at AT&T store assured it would be here by that day or the next).

I have been reading about the status of orders of fellow-Lumia-enthusiasts and needless to say, very disappointed. Following it on twitter, news with ads and reviews aplenty but nowhere do they talk about this "lack-of-supply".

In fact, the few new articles that do, assume that the the phones selling-out is one of the reasons for the lack of availability.

Sorry for the rant. Just had to get it out.

P.S. There is a pending charge on the credit card.

radioactiverice8

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thought I'd get this as my birthday gift for the 13th (Associate at AT&T store assured it would be here by that day or the next).

I have been reading about the status of orders of fellow-Lumia-enthusiasts and needless to say, very disappointed. Following it on twitter, news with ads and reviews aplenty but nowhere do they talk about this "lack-of-supply".

In fact, the few new articles that do, assume that the the phones selling-out is one of the reasons for the lack of availability.

Sorry for the rant. Just had to get it out.

P.S. There is a pending charge on the credit card.

what a flop of a launch for their most advertised phone color. the lack of professionalism, lack of knowledge, and unpreparedness is unparalleled in this universe. strong wtf happening in this thread

Last edited:

Grog337

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

:D

Technically ordered on the 7th at 10am CST, but it says the 8th for some reason.

EDIT: Quick question - do they require a signature on these? It doesn't look like it's letting me do a hold for pickup like I usually do with FedEx.

I just called FedEx. Apparently they do not require a signature, but will not do the "hold at FedEx location" option (so you can pick up at Kinko's, various package stores, etc. She said it is up to the discretion of the delivery person as to whether they will leave the package or not, but mentioned that it couldn't hurt to leave a note (we live out in BFE, so crime isn't that high). She also said it could be picked up at our local FedEx facility at the airport (I guess it's some sort of hub) later in the day on Friday or even Sat and gave the hours.

ekettwig

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Is it the same email that a bunch of people got earlier today? Looking at my order page, it appears that the charging plate is the backordered item and didn't get shipped out.

I think it is the same one most people received, I think the backorder is for the charging plate and not the phone although the difference in status on the two ATT sites has me wondering. I also think it is odd that if it has actually shipped ATT has not yet charged me for it, no pending or actual charges to this point.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
what a flop of a launch for their most advertised phone color. the lack of professionalism, lack of knowledge, and unpreparedness is unparalleled in this universe. strong wtf happening in this thread
The funniest thing is, as if nobody else outside this forum can see what's happening. No one of the tech sites are covering this mess. It's as if, there is no shortage at all outside this forum and twitter.
BTW, whoever started the #stillnoyellow920 hashtag, kudos!

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused, which website is the premier only website and which one is the ATT website?

I've tried logging into att.com directly and also looking at the https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/ website. Are either of those the premier website?

Woot! Nevermind, tracking info just appeared! Although delivery date is estimated for the 16th.

Also, I placed my order online on November 7th at about 7PM PST.

EDIT: This is for a premier account.

EDIT2: I never received a 'shipping' email. The only email I ever got was the original email sent on November 7th saying that ATT received my initial order.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)