Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke to a CSR who told me that the phone is infact back-ordered and politely affirmed that she has no more information than that.
At least she told me I could cancel the order at the POS (ordered it from a store).
If the order is not shipped within 3 days, the hold on the CC goes off. Not sure if anybody noticed this on their credit cards too. Confirm, can anyone?

eharris55

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm late to the party and ordered on 11/13. There seems to be very little hope I'll receive my yellow 920 by Thanksgiving if reports from this forum are accurate.

My order is processing and I haven't received a back-ordered email yet which has me hopeful but who knows what the weekend will bring.

Has anyone ordered in the past week who has a similar experience?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My friend ordered his 11/9 at like 10pm PST...and he got his tracking info today. I ordered mine at 11/9 at 6am PST and I got nothing...

According to AT&T support, I guess I ordered on 11/09 also. I thought I ordered earlier. Oh well.

Worst thing is that the warehouse shows my order as 11/11 because whatever AT&T rep processed my order was slow as molasses.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow, AT&T's customer service just took a turn for the worse. I've made it a point to not be rude with the CSRs and try to be as polite as possible (even though in the back of my mind I hate AT&T). They apparently can't afford me the same courtesy.

Tried to do a chat session and the chat operator told me that the device is shipped first come first served. She asked if I had any further questions, I said she didn't answer my question and she just said thank you, have a nice day, and terminated the chat session.

Tried calling in to find out the order status and pretty much the exact same thing happened. They said orders are shipped first come first served, there's no other information and just hung up on me.

I can't even begin to express how much I hate AT&T. I'm sure grass is always greener, but if Verizon or Tmo carried the 920, I would have jumped ship in a heartbeat.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow, AT&T's customer service just took a turn for the worse. I've made it a point to not be rude with the CSRs and try to be as polite as possible (even though in the back of my mind I hate AT&T). They apparently can't afford me the same courtesy.

Tried to do a chat session and the chat operator told me that the device is shipped first come first served. She asked if I had any further questions, I said she didn't answer my question and she just said thank you, have a nice day, and terminated the chat session.

Tried calling in to find out the order status and pretty much the exact same thing happened. They said orders are shipped first come first served, there's no other information and just hung up on me.

I can't even begin to express how much I hate AT&T. I'm sure grass is always greener, but if Verizon or Tmo carried the 920, I would have jumped ship in a heartbeat.

Is there a reason you're not buying the phone off contract to use with an MVNO (and not only stop giving AT&T your business, but save money in the process)?

Bugrahan

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting.

OK guys, this is interesting...

I got my tracking number from AT&T yesterday via https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status website. Everything was nice.
attachment.php

Then I started tracking it on Fedex site, but it has now been a day, since this is initiated.
attachment.php

I wanted to ask if anybody has the same situation, because for me this means they (AT&T) have created a tracking number online, but did not ship anything physically. You know, like a bad eBay seller who creates a shipping label the moment you buy something then takes time to actually dispatch the item.

My frustration is actually this: if they physically ship this today, I won't be getting it on or after Monday, instead of Friday!

What do you guys think?

ZoSo925

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got the bloody @ss award from AT&T. I placed my order at 3am PST time on the 7th and they didnt charge me till the 9th around 8pm PST.

So basically my order got pushed and considered I ordered it on the 9th. That's why my order is still stuck in limbo as Pre-Order Processing still with no tracking # and lovely email I got yesterday that my order is on back-order

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason you're not buying the phone off contract to use with an MVNO (and not only stop giving AT&T your business, but save money in the process)?

I've thought about it in the past, but with various grandfatherings and premier discounts, I only pay $55/mo, so it wasn't a big difference.

Doesn't the phone have to be unlocked to do that though?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

The "first come first served" stuff is just BS. I would say it's "misleading", but then I think it could also be seen as a straight up lie.

"First come first served" does not apply to when you placed your order. It's when the order is completed by the order processor and makes it to the warehouse system.

For me, that took 2 days. I ordered on the 9th (actually, the 8th in Pacific Time zone where I live). My order says it was on the 11th. Why? Because it took two days (almost 3 since it was barely the 9th in EST) for them to process the order.

I had no "Attention" marker on my order. There were no indications of any problems.

It just happened slow.

So, through no fault of mine, my order is further back in the queue than many people who ordered after I did.

That is probably true for a lot of you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb