Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

ZoSo925

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I called again, lol, boy I wish I could read the note history for my account so far.

I talked to someone who seemed to know a lot more then previous people.

- She said even if the pending disappeared off my bank website, AT&T will charge me once it ships

- She would not tell me when new Yellow stock would come in, I complained that i may have to wait till December 2nd ?? She said she highly doubts I would be waiting that long

ZoSo925

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am so tempted to go right to the AT&T store by me and get the Black.................. UGH, Can't do it, the friggin Black is so boring and basic what people normally have as a cell phone. Yellow, Red, Blue is a flashy color that will have other people get a 2nd look of interest.

As a Nokia shareholder, I want to hype their phone to the max.

Grog337

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine's delivered and awaiting me when I get home.

Bonus: AT&T turned on LTE in my area just this morning, according to their press releases.:)

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
So I sent a tweet to AT&T's customer service. They just gave me a call a few minutes ago. Basically confirmed what's been hashed out here already.

Demand far outpaced supply. They currently have 0 in stock and are awaiting a new shipment from Nokia. He didn't outright say it but it sounds like he feels Nokia didn't even anticipate demand being this high, especially for yellow (displeases me as a customer, but pleases me as a shareholder). At any rate, he just said when they get the next batch, they'll start shipping the phones out again. AT&T has ordered all the phones that are currently on back order and then some, but he said it's not possible to say if I'd be in the first batch or not since they don't know how many they'll get at a time. He didn't have a time frame, but he said he really would be suriprised if it were as long as a month. Also, doesn't know why nobody's order is showing backordered, but they are.

Also, he apologized for the complete lack of help from 611/online chat and complained about it himself because. Said that most of the disgruntled customers he deals with are angry with the 1st line customer support people.

Honestly, this is what most everyone suspected all along and I think the majority of people (myself included) are reasonable people and if we had just gotten an apology email saying it's backordered, we'd accept it and just wait. It's their incompetent customer service that gives out either no information or faulty information that I think has gotten everybody all up in a wad (thats what did it to me at least).

jen35

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got a call from ATT inventory team (there was a case raised few days back against my order since there was no update), they told yellow is out of stock and the current number is 1226 in negative, so apparently it's gonna take another 3 weeks it seems, now the expected shipping date is Dec 4th.

I ordered my phone on 11/08

revdug

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Was just told that the unit that had been guaranteed to be shipping today to us does not exist. After speaking to multiple reps they each proceeded to back track from that guarantee where guaranteed to ship on 11/16 transitioned to it will ship after 11/16 without saying when. They would not say that the phone was back ordered until today but then told us that they did tell us it was back ordered two days ago, which was not the case. They were unable to explain these discrepancies and offered me a $25 for my trouble. I'm sorry but $25 doesn't cover this trouble nor would it restore any lost trust in AT&T. AT&T needs to do a better job to assure us that they care about our business. So angry...

EmWii

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

Ran into a lil problem activating. I tried activating both of our yellows online. Waited, nothing happened. Called the activation number and spoke to someone for a while who said that everything was good on her end. She said I should go to the AT&T store. I did. She changed the SIMs and still it showed No SIM. After her saying it was the devices, and me being on the verge of tears...she says 'oh I'll check and see if we have any in stock.' I couldn't speak. I explained to her that it was online exclusive for the yellows and informed her of the **** we have all been through waiting for yellows. As I shuffled towards the door with my head down, she said 'let me see that SIM real quick.' She put the SIM in a display 920 on the shelf and then put it back in my phone. Don't ask why, but it worked.

(My fiance' said they just wanted our yellows lol- when I told him that they offered me a black and a white one since that's all they had.)

---------- Post Merged at 06:15 PM ----------

It's here! :D Can't wait to open it when I get home.

Yay! So glad!

liquidvapor

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I want to confirm this.

I went to the AT&T store last night to possibly cancel the order if I could get Cyan (no luck, only white....blech).

Anyways, the guy working there looked it up and said there were 1,219 on back order. Today my pending charge was cancelled so I called the support line. They said my order is still valid and they will charge me again when it ships. He said it should be 14-21 days. I asked if that was from when I ordered it or from today, and he said it was from the order date. He didn't sound very confident about that tho. Anyways, the December 2nd date is looking more plausible.

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
So I decided to go ahead and use my upgrade today. I was going to get the red 920 that was on hold for me in one of my local stores. I called another local store, and the rep on the phone explained that they didn't have any yellow 920's in the store, but that I could come in and order it through him. I explained what I saw on the AT&T, Best Buy, and Walmart, sites with all of them stating that they were out of stock. He said it didn't matter, and that they could send them out through their direct fulfillment warehouse. I thought to myself that I'd run into problems doing it this way, but he guaranteed me that they just got an update from the warehouse saying that the shipping time frame for Yellow Lumia 920's was 3-5 days. I was ecstatic! I placed my order, and just now as I'm typing this, I got my confirmation email:

AT&T Order Confirmation
Dear ***,
Thank you for your recent AT&T order. Your equipment has been reserved and is expected to ship within the next 3 to 5 business days.
As soon as your order ships, we will send an email confirmation including a tracking number for your convenience. In the meantime, you can check the status of your order on our website at any time by clicking here or by calling our automated system at 1-877-782-8870 and entering *** when prompted for the order number.
Order Details:
Order Transaction Number: ***
Shipping Zip Code: ***
Item Name
Item Number
Quantity Ordered
Tessco NOK920 ACCESSORY
4368A​
1​
Nokia 920 PHONE
6025A​
1​
Various SIM
72290​
1​

They even waived my upgrade fee. I don't know what to say. I can't believe it was this easy. I'll keep you all updated if everything goes as planned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion