Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
To those that have already received their phones...

Did you get an email confirmation telling you it was going to ship? I ask because AT&T's standard line is that they'll send an email when it's ready to ship.

JBlack02187

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
lol i like Yella! n yaa they gave me like 2 day free FedEx shipping.. on the FedEx page.. it says 20th though.. it might come early and they will ship yours soon!

Update: yaa "My Orders" page just updated.. it does show that they both shipped with tracking numbers..

Thanks for sending your good luck my way!! Got the shipping email this morning!! Should be here by Tuesday!! :D

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh how I hate Microsoft Store in Boston right now. Woke up at 10 am, called their store number, woman picks up. After asking her about yellow 920, she tells me they have limited availability. I jump out of bed, run to Microsoft Store in Prudential only to find out that when you call their local store number, you don't actually get connected to the store even though you press the option to talk to store rep. Instead, you get connected to the national calling center.. WTF? Why even list your phone number, if you are going to forward all calls to national call center?

They didn't have the phone like I was told, and they don't even know when they will get it. AT&T stores are on waitlist. Nokia, stop making black phones, increase your production of yellow. EVERYBODY wants yellow!

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to an AT&T rep earlier. What I was told reinforced what I've been reading here; that they get in shipments twice a week. Some people here mentioned Tuesday and Thursday, which makes sense because that's when people have been getting tracking numbers. I was also told that things have been crazy since the launch of the iPhone 5 and now they have strong sales of Nokia and Samsung phones to deal with as well. They didn't have an answer for why people who've ordered later have been getting them first, but I figure it's individual AT&T employees screwing that up.

What I'm assuming is that most of us wont be waiting until December for our phones. Those who will have to wait are those who are trying to order yellow now; they're going to have to wait until this backlog is cleared out.Hopefully AT&T was smart enough to order more yellows and Nokia has ramped up production. But I hope that doesn't lead to a higher defect rate if they start glossing over quality control to get them out the door.

I did get the activation fee waived, so it was worth calling either way. Especially now that Amazon, like Walmart, is selling the 920 for $50. This phone might be a sales success, but I'm starting to wonder if Nokia is going to make any money on these things at all.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Got my 920 yesterday. Love this thing. The camera is amazing, especially the video at 1080p. It's not just "yellow". If you haven't seen one in person, it's more of a Safety Green/Yellow. Very, very bright. Love it. When I was going through the waiting process for some info on this thing I almost caved and got a white one locally. Glad I didn't. Wait on it, I swear you have to wait. It's one beautiful phone. If you wanna see a couple of pics of mine just click the "Stuff" link in my sig. Yeah wait, it's worth it.
-joe-

ZoSo925

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Bla! My package left AT&T in Memphis TN last night at 11pm and it's already in Las Vegas sort facility!! Sucks, I can't even pick up the package at Fed-Ex and I cant hold for pickup yet. They have to make a 1st attempt first.

channing0214

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I received my Yellow Lumia 920 yesterday and it was well worth the wait. They must have upgraded my shipping to next day air because it shipped on the 15th and I received it on Friday the 16th (on my store receipt when I ordered it on the 7th it said ground shipping)...AT&T must have been trying to make up a little for the delay. I had to go into the store to get it activated and port my Verizon number over and also to see if the charging pad was ordered...come to find out the associate who took my pre-order in store did not order it for my so for my troubles they waived my Porting fee and Activation fee...AT&T definetely made up for a few of the previous shortcomings with the Lumia 920 launch.

I hope everyone has their phone soon....it is by far the best phone I have ever owned! Can't wait to go to work and try and get my Iphone friends to see that they are missing out! On another topic: I played with the Iphone 5 in store while I was waiting in line.....yawn.....what a boring and tired OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb