Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

RTGOD

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ordered a cyan on and a yellow one on 11/9 around 8:00 PM (EST). My cyan one arrived on 11/13, and my gf's yellow one shipped on Friday 11/23 and due to arrive today via FEDEX. My charging plate has shipped on 11/23 as well, but is not scheduled to arrive until Wednesday 11/28 via UPS. My gf charging plate has not shipped yet.

Side note: I went into the AT&T corporate store on Friday to see if they would honor that Black Friday sale, but that sale was regional so they could not. What I did take advantage of though was a $50 off $100 accessory sale that they had when you bought a phone. I spoke to the manager and even though I purchased my phones on 11/9, he gave me the sale. I picked up a wireless stand and car charger, $69 + $30, the rep gave me 20% off and the manager is going to credit my 1st bill the $50! What a great deal!

ericishere40

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I was told by a CSR supervisor that an email went out internally saying no yellow until Dec. 2 Was told from a Microsoft Store manager there were production problems with Nokia and the yellow. Seems like the yellow color is getting mailed out every day as written on this forum.

iHeartInfoTech

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine is out for delivery as well. Now I'll have to see for myself what the battery life is going to be. Since mine shipped on the 21st my 14 day trial period is considerably truncated. I'm hopeful things will work out. Fingers crossed and waiting for the sound of that FedEx truck ...

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine is out for delivery as well. Now I'll have to see for myself what the battery life is going to be. Since mine shipped on the 21st my 14 day trial period is considerably truncated. I'm hopeful things will work out. Fingers crossed and waiting for the sound of that FedEx truck ...

Doesn't your 14 trial start at activation? It should!

BigDre97

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I preordered my Yellow phone and got it on 11/16. The battery dies very fast, but I'm sure Nokia will push an update out like they did with the 800. Still no word on the charger :unhappysweat:

iHeartInfoTech

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I wish it did but alas it does not. It starts on the day it shipped. So, apparently while my phone sat in cargo and flew around the country AT&T had the clock running. No matter how I pleaded my case AT&T cooperate is very strict and firm on that. I think it should begin upon delivery confirmation. But oh well...

I just got it setup and activated. I'm letting it charge now. I happened to get the wireless charging stand about 30 minutes before FedEx got here via USPS. I'm going to let it go to 100% then roll the dice. Hopefully I'll next post in a 'Happy Camper Thread' soon.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wish it did but alas it does not. It starts on the day it shipped. So, apparently while my phone sat in cargo and flew around the country AT&T had the clock running. No matter how I pleaded my case AT&T cooperate is very strict and firm on that. I think it should begin upon delivery confirmation. But oh well...

I just got it setup and activated. I'm letting it charge now. I happened to get the wireless charging stand about 30 minutes before FedEx got here via USPS. I'm going to let it go to 100% then roll the dice. Hopefully I'll next post in a 'Happy Camper Thread' soon.

I have to pick mine up from the store. Would that still come under "shipped date" scenario? Where's that thread though?

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

The wording on the contract is odd:

Within the first 14 days after service activation, you may terminate your Agreement for any reason and not be required to pay an ETF. If you terminate within three (3) days of accepting the Agreement, AT&T will refund your activation fee, if any

For avoiding the ETF, it says the clock starts running after activation, but for getting a refund of the activation fee, the clock seems starts running when you accept the agreement.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
ImageUploadedByWPCentral Forums1353983103.170494.jpg
Little more neon-ish than I remember. Not the yellow I was hoping/expecting. Or is it just the fluorescent lighting??

I finally got my hands on the YL920 after.... 16 days. I did not get it activated in the store though as I wanted to get setup it up while using the iP4 as my primary phone (might change my opinion once I get started).

I had checked the phone for the top-center, top-right, phone-rattle and any other physical hardware issues that popped up in the forum.

Anyway, hang in there guys. I hope there will be something to be thankful about after the thanksgiving at least.

Last edited:

Kanshin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm going to be the last man standing here! I ordered 11/9 at 10 AM PST. No shipping info yet

Info
10/21 Pre-Ordered the Yellow with Best Buy $599.
11/4 5 min after Midnight Pre-Ordered on ATT Premier web site, since Best Buy had not yet shipped (Purchased at full no contract price) $449 was charged $516 total on my bank account.
11/5 5pm was mysteriously cancelled for no reason, and a 72 hour hold put on my account while they review the order!
11/8 Reordered with ATT Rep
11/15 ATT mysteriously cancelled my order and resubmitted with a Micro-sim changing my order date and backorder priority!
11/26 Still waiting

Nope definitely not the last man standing. :)

Congratulations gbbg, Eliz4beth, WinningGuy and dkp23! Enjoy your new Lamborghini yellow smart phones! gbbg- It looks sexy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)