Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Info
10/21 Pre-Ordered the Yellow with Best Buy $599.
11/4 5 min after Midnight Pre-Ordered on ATT Premier web site, since Best Buy had not yet shipped (Purchased at full no contract price) $449 was charged $516 total on my bank account.
11/5 5pm was mysteriously cancelled for no reason, and a 72 hour hold put on my account while they review the order!
11/8 Reordered with ATT Rep
11/15 ATT mysteriously cancelled my order and resubmitted with a Micro-sim changing my order date and backorder priority!
11/26 Still waiting

Nope definitely not the last man standing. :)

Congratulations gbbg, Eliz4beth, WinningGuy and dkp23! Enjoy your new Lamborghini yellow smart phones! gbbg- It looks sexy!

and me... I got my banana on the 21st.

hellokhemra

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I received mine yesterday. I'm having no battery issues yet. Everything looks fine and dandy. I just need screen protectors. Good luck to those who have yet to receive theirs.

OriginalBigDAWG

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had a breaking point this morning after calling AT&T customer service. They provided me with their standard, "I'm sorry sir, your phone will ship once inventory arrives. We are unable to provide you a date on when that will happen." I am one of those who ordered on the 7th, the order was cancelled on the 14th due to a glitch on their end and I re-ordered the morning of the 15th. So I emailed Stephen Elop this morning with the intent to discuss my dissatisfaction with AT&T's customer service. My primary discussion point was around the lack of communication from AT&T who is their primary launch partner in the US. I didn't ask for anything nor did I take the tact of flaming anyone directly. I simply stated what I have experienced and asked him to pass it along to those within Nokia who are managing the launch with AT&T. Stephen responded within a few minutes of sending the note. He acknowledged my frustrations and stated they are working hard with AT&T to work through the issues.

Elop is a stand up guy. I have met him in person multiple times at his role at Microsoft. I hope AT&T and Nokia can fix the supply issue because it appears that demand for Windows Phone 8 has exceeded everyone's expectations.

ericishere40

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
It seems odd to me that a phone in such high demand is going through such drastic price reductions. These phones were originally thought to be priced at $200. Then they were "released" at $100. Now they can be had for under $100 with all sorts of promos, gift cards, free charging plate etc. I have to wonder if the 920 is as sucessfull as reported or if Microsoft isn't trying to buy their sucess with all the promos. Nokia isn't a small manufacturer and I would have thought supply wouldn't be this low.

ericishere40

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Reading through the forums is seems there have been quite a few issues with the 920. All products have bugs at launch but so far this launch doesn't give me alot of confidence. It some ways I almost regret having preordered a yellow although by the time I actually have it in my hands, some of the kinks may be worked out.

km99

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
yeah definitely looks more neon-ish to me as well. More like the 8x yellow/neon color. Making me a little nervous :) hope I am not disappointed after weeks of waiting. Anyone else with yellow have the same experience?

alphamang

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I feel like I'm never going to get mine...

I ordered on 11/12 around 5:00PM CT
Received backorder notification on 11/14.
Still haven't received word on my phone yet. Booooo.

I emailed Mr. Elop about our displeasure and asked for an explanation and he basically just confirmed there was a shortage of supply. Maybe I should give him an angry email.

radioactiverice8

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
man, its been awhile since i posted in here. glad to see people are finally getting yellow phones, except me. they all look nice.

ordered on the 7th, order was cancelled, then reprocessed on the 15th. feelswtfman.

anyways, im kind of over it. my expectations are so low. i still have an order put in, its just a matter of waiting for it to be fulfilled.

all original excitement and expectations have been lost.

sorry to be the debbie downer.

Dusk22

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
man, its been awhile since i posted in here. glad to see people are finally getting yellow phones, except me. they all look nice.

ordered on the 7th, order was cancelled, then reprocessed on the 15th. feelswtfman.

anyways, im kind of over it. my expectations are so low. i still have an order put in, its just a matter of waiting for it to be fulfilled.

all original excitement and expectations have been lost.

sorry to be the debbie downer.

Same as you. Ordered on 11/09 at 8am. Cancelled on 11/20. Reordered same day. Now I'm so bummed about it. All excitement is gone. I just want to get it over with. Did you order it no commitment? Maybe that's why it got cancelled? I was told there was a data error not being in sync or something.

RecycleRex

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It is a little more neon than I expected. That being said...i love it. It's a nice solid phone and the battery power isn't as bad as I expected.
I am however loving the Xbox live. Add me if you all want ..same user name. Now I'm waiting patiently for the charging plate

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
yeah definitely looks more neon-ish to me as well. More like the 8x yellow/neon color. Making me a little nervous :) hope I am not disappointed after weeks of waiting. Anyone else with yellow have the same experience?

It is a little more neon than I expected. That being said...i love it. It's a nice solid phone and the battery power isn't as bad as I expected.
I am however loving the Xbox live. Add me if you all want ..same user name. Now I'm waiting patiently for the charging plate

Thanks for backing up my observation. I agree with km99, I was slightly confused between the 8X color on display from afar and thought, "they have yellows on DISPLAY!!!" until I ventured closer to the unit.

Anyone thinks its probably because of the later batch or something? I still haven't had time to set this up yet!

RonnieJP

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
@gbbg, @RecycleRex,

When you say "neon", are you saying that it has a green tint to it - kind of a lime colored-yellow? The reason I ask is that my AT&T store had a "dummy" 920 in yellow, and that one was definitely on the lime green side. However, on all of the photos and videos I've seen on the web, the phone comes up as pure (albeit bright) yellow. Even in gbbg's photo, the top and bottom appear pure yellow. There is a green cast around the middle, but since it's on the background as well, I suspect it is the lighting. I wonder if the AT&T model is a different yellow than the global version? I really want to make certain that it is indeed NOT a greenish-yellow. If it really is, I may just cancel my order and get white or cyan. Placed my order in-store on 11/14, still pending. Your comments would be appreciated.

radioactiverice8

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Same as you. Ordered on 11/09 at 8am. Cancelled on 11/20. Reordered same day. Now I'm so bummed about it. All excitement is gone. I just want to get it over with. Did you order it no commitment? Maybe that's why it got cancelled? I was told there was a data error not being in sync or something.

yea, i ordered it off contract. im assuming you did, too. could you elaborate more on what you heard about the data error? did it seem like anyone who ordered it off contract got shafted?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99