Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

Dusk22

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
No matter how upsetting AT&T can be (even if they cancel your order 5 times), the yellow is WORTH the wait. Trust me. I'm loving my yellow.
Having had my order cancelled twice.. Yea I'm thinking of choosing another color. It's bull. I've been waiting since the 9th and they can't get their stuff together. I'll talk to a CSR rep tomorrow but I doubt anything will come of it.

lnxgk

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on 11/9 (although website says 11/12) and just got a tracking number for both the charger and phone. Hopefully have it tomorrow or Saturday.

...update - the AT&T Wireless website says it's the phone and sim that shipped. I suppose I'll know for sure when it gets here.

Last edited:

czhoume

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
anyone want an yellow one here Atlanta?

ordered on 9th. waited and no info then I bought one in physical store. but the original one can't be cancelled. it shipped today, estimated date is Dec 3rd. lol, I already used one for almost a month. don't want to sell the precious yellow to a random guy from craiglist. prefer local face to face deal. plz mod if this post is not allowed here.

email addr:

czhouchem AT gmail DOT com

OriginalBigDAWG

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I woke up this morning and checked this thread. I read the recent comments that orders were cancelled overnight. I checked my order and it was CANCELLED last night too!!! I feel like this is Groundhog's Day. This is a disaster! Maybe more importantly - AT&T needs to compensate us for cancelling these orders.

Wouldn't you know it - as I'm writing this note I got an email from AT&T stating they just charged me for my monthly bill. Talk about adding salt to the wound.

This is horrible customer service.

radioactiverice8

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Having had my order cancelled twice.. Yea I'm thinking of choosing another color. It's bull. I've been waiting since the 9th and they can't get their stuff together. I'll talk to a CSR rep tomorrow but I doubt anything will come of it.

what color are you thinking about getting?
i really wanna get white since it's in stock and it looks pretty decent... but im still quite partial to the yellow

Dusk22

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping red. But now I'll settle for any color the Microsoft store has today. I'm going out of town for a few weeks next week and really wanted to put the camera to use. I did tweet the CSR I've been talking to and I sent a lengthy email to Mr Elop. I wasn't demanding or anything. I just thought I'd share my experience.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
so i check my order status info again today... and lo and behold!

order got cancelled again! haha im so over it. im not even gonna bother reprocessing this order. i just dont feel like dealing with all this bs anymore. at this point i think i will honestly just wait til nokia/att has their ****e together and the yellow phones are actually in stock. maybe then ill put in another order.

my dell venue pro is teetering on the edge of its life. the slider is so loose, it randomly resets, its battery doesnt hold its charge well, the speakers cut out randomly. but i think i can extend its use for a few more weeks.

have fun with you yellow phones guys. i love the color, just not what i had to go through to try and attain one of these phones.

edit: either that, or i might end up with a white one. it just keeps looking better everytime i look at it. plus that high contrast theme... yum.

if you have a Microsoft Store or a Microsoft Holiday Store around you, check there. I got my yellow without a problem at MSFT Holiday Store on black friday. Don't bother calling them, the reps always give wrong info. If you have either one nearby, just go there.

radioactiverice8

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
if you have a Microsoft Store or a Microsoft Holiday Store around you, check there. I got my yellow without a problem at MSFT Holiday Store on black friday. Don't bother calling them, the reps always give wrong info. If you have either one nearby, just go there.
Just wondering, where are you located? There is a holiday store near me in NYC at times square. Im wondering if they would have any yellow to begin with since its such a heavy shopping center. But at the same time windows phone isn't too popular yet hahha

Edit: to those brahs that got theirs cancelled more than once, have you guys seen this other thread?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...orders-avoid-cancelled-orders-lumia-920s.html

Makes alot of sense to me. Anyone try this resolution?

Last edited:

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering, where are you located? There is a holiday store near me in NYC at times square. Im wondering if they would have any yellow to begin with since its such a heavy shopping center. But at the same time windows phone isn't too popular yet hahha

Edit: to those brahs that got theirs cancelled more than once, have you guys seen this other thread?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...orders-avoid-cancelled-orders-lumia-920s.html

Makes alot of sense to me. Anyone try this resolution?

I'm in Boston. MSFT Holiday Store in Natick, MA has plenty of yellows available.

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine is an off-contract order, but it was ordered with service attached (a new line) so I have the SIM card in my order. My order has a date of the 13th, but has not been cancelled and is still pending shipment

ScreenShot2012-11-30at111820AM.png

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Wow, AT&T's system is seriously random.

After getting my 11/19 in-store order cancelled yesterday, I tried an online chat through the order status page on att.com. They said that it looked like it was because the credit card didn't go through which can't be true because there was plenty of credit on that card.

So then I called customer service on the phone. The rep took a while to even see what was going on, then said it was cancelled because there was no stock. When I said that doesn't really make sense because I'd still like to be in line for one, she said it is "normal for the system to cancel orders after 2 weeks if they haven't been fulfilled". Looking at other posts here, I don't think that is actually true but hey, it's another story to throw into the mix. The rep said there are now 889 back orders for the yellow 920.

Anyhow, in the end the rep couldn't even place an order for a new one because they are "not in stock". I guess I need to try the store next. :angry:

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
so i check my order status info again today... and lo and behold!

order got cancelled again! haha im so over it. im not even gonna bother reprocessing this order. i just dont feel like dealing with all this bs anymore. at this point i think i will honestly just wait til nokia/att has their ****e together and the yellow phones are actually in stock. maybe then ill put in another order.

my dell venue pro is teetering on the edge of its life. the slider is so loose, it randomly resets, its battery doesnt hold its charge well, the speakers cut out randomly. but i think i can extend its use for a few more weeks.

have fun with you yellow phones guys. i love the color, just not what i had to go through to try and attain one of these phones.

edit: either that, or i might end up with a white one. it just keeps looking better everytime i look at it. plus that high contrast theme... yum.

Ouch. They're really doing you wrong.

Is AT&T at least going to credit your bill or something just for your trouble? I got a $25 credit for my trouble and my order wasn't even canceled.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I woke up this morning and checked this thread. I read the recent comments that orders were cancelled overnight. I checked my order and it was CANCELLED last night too!!! I feel like this is Groundhog's Day. This is a disaster! Maybe more importantly - AT&T needs to compensate us for cancelling these orders.

Wouldn't you know it - as I'm writing this note I got an email from AT&T stating they just charged me for my monthly bill. Talk about adding salt to the wound.

This is horrible customer service.

We're canceling your order... and give us our money!!

Panu16

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Order got canceled last night. Read the comment posted earlier about the Microsoft pop-up stores. Called the MD pop-up stores and they had yellow 920. They had 3 at the Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) and "plenty" at the Columbia Mall. Both stores also had Cyan in stock. Drove over to pick one yellow up from the Montgomery Mall. :winktongue:

P.S., none of the local AT&T stores or B&M Microsoft stores had yellow or blue in stock.

km99

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Well - here we go again. Checked my status this morning only to find my yellow lumia 920 order cancelled - again! This is the second time ATT has cancelled my order!
I am done with them. Just picked up a red on from the local MS store and I am very happy. Will wait to get my hands on the yellow from the MS store sometime. Permanently switching to StraightTalk and never going back to ATT!

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Seriously!? I'm going there! I live in Portsmouth NH but I'm sick of waiting.

I bought mine on black friday, when I asked them how many they have, they said they have plenty of them. They got them on 2nd week of release, and didn't sell that many. They also have a yellow on display. Unfortunately they will not price match.

Order got canceled last night. Read the comment posted earlier about the Microsoft pop-up stores. Called the MD pop-up stores and they had yellow 920. They had 3 at the Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) and "plenty" at the Columbia Mall. Both stores also had Cyan in stock. Drove over to pick one yellow up from the Montgomery Mall.
winktongue.png

P.S., none of the local AT&T stores or B&M Microsoft stores had yellow or blue in stock.

It seems like only pop-up stores have yellow. AT&T doesn't stock them, and b&m MSFT stores didn't even receive them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99