Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

Edward Olszewski

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It is so fortunate to have this forum to share unfortunate experiences in purchasing a yellow lumia 920 phone. It is, truly, consoling to know that I am not alone. Many of the experiences share common threads, most notable related to some extent of incompetence of the AT&T customer service. I?ll share my story in the hope that someone can learn from my experience, thereby avoiding some of the pitfalls that many of us have experienced in seeking the rare and exotic yellow lumia 920. I, initially, attempted to order my phone on Thursday, November 15, at att.com. I checked the status of my order on November 17. For some reason my order had disappeared. I, then, tried to reorder, only to find that yellow was out of stock. Some suggested that ATT may receive shipments on Tuesdays or Thursdays. On Wednesday, November 21 at 5:00 am EST, I found the golden phone in stock, and I immediately submitted my order for a phone off - contract (I plan on using red pocket as my mobile phone service provider - savings about $30.00 per month). I purchased the phone using my debit card. The charge posted as funds committed to a transaction, but not actually debited (encumbered). After making the purchase, I was notified that the phone would ship in 7 to 14 business days. On Thursday, November 29, I discovered that my account showed funds encumbered for the purchase were now credited back to my account. Fearing that my order had been cancelled I checked the status of my order and found, fortunately, that phone was still on order. I believe that the funds were unencumbered because every a week had elapsed without the transaction being, actually, completed. Now comes the, proverbial, twist in the story. Since I had purchased the phone, my debit card had been compromised so that my bank had to issue me a new card, and consequently, had cancelled my old card. This meant that when AT&T would attempt to complete the transaction, again, the transaction would be denied because the old card was no longer valid. I called AT&T customer service and explained my plight. I wanted to provide them with my new credit card number of billing purposes. I was told that I would have to cancel the order and reorder the phone. Lamentably, I agreed. As everyone knows, I now go to the end of the line. When the customer service rep tried to cancel the order, she learned that she couldn?t cancel the order. She told me that I would have to wait until the financial transaction is resubmitted (when the order is to be shipped) and fails. I would then receive an email to this effect, and I could then reorder the phone. Needless to say, I was pissed. Then, I thought that I would just order another yellow lumia 920, rather than wait. When I attempted to re-order, I found that the phone was out-of-stock. Lol. I was pissed X pissed. An hour later I was checking my email, and I received an email from AT&T that the phone had shipped and was given a tracking number. Unbelieveable! AT&T had shipped my $450.00 + tax phone without receiving payment. I?m an honest person, at least a little bit. I contacted AT&T customer service and apprised them of what had transpired. Interestingly, they had no difficulty applying a new credit card to complete the transaction, now, despite what I was told previously about not being able to modify the billing procedure without cancelling the order. I suppose that I?m counting my chickens before they hatch, but I expect to receive my phone on Monday. One last remark in this lengthy exposition is that when I ordered my off-contract phone, I did not, explicitly request a Sim, but I notice that my order does include a ?Micro-Sim for an Apple iPad.? Does anybody know why I am being shipped this (Actually, I?ve already purchase a Sim for my phone from red pocket)?

eharris55

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Finally found a yellow at a microsoft kiosk in Bethesda MD. Trying to cancel/deny ATT from charging for my order now. Reps seem to think that it will be a while if you hadnt preordered. Good luck to everyone.

razor1973

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
I placed my order (yellow) on 11/13 through the AT&T Premier site. That was almost 18 days ago. My order has been in Processing status since then and still is, according to the AT&T site. I was this }{ close to walking across the street to my local Microsoft Holiday Store (Dadeland Mall in Miami, FL) and buying the phone there. I called and they have a handful of yellow ones, so I was very tempted! However, I wouldn't get the free wireless charger I am getting from AT&T (yellow too: colors were available through Premier only). Before going ahead and buying it, I called AT&T Premier one last time and they told me upon checking warehouse inventory that they finally have the yellow one back in stock and I would most likely be getting a tracking number between tonight and tomorrow. They recommended that I wait. So wish me and all of us waiting for this phone luck!

l920newbie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Finally found a yellow at a microsoft kiosk in Bethesda MD. Trying to cancel/deny ATT from charging for my order now. Reps seem to think that it will be a while if you hadnt preordered. Good luck to everyone.
How many did they have when you pick one up for yourself? Did you check the Microsoft Store in Tyson Mall? I wonder if that store has any yellow one.

ericishere40

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Would be interesting to get a list and call ATT and ask " when will my phone ship? Customer rep john #2077 said u just got new stock in. Why would your rep lie to me? I feel so betrayed by ATT"

Dusk22

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
For anyone in Colorado. The Microsoft store in park meadows has never gotten a shipment of yellows in. The holiday kiosk in cherry creek mall had a shipment at launch however they sold all yellow 920's as of today. I bought a red lumia, however I'm on my way to exchange it since my camera appears to have a dead pixel or something. The screen seems fine. However when you take a picture, the image has a bright colored pixel..

Panu16

May 7, 2012
Visit site
How many did they have when you pick one up for yourself? Did you check the Microsoft Store in Tyson Mall? I wonder if that store has any yellow one.

I bought one from the pop-up store at Montgomery mall today. They said that they had 2 more. And the kiosk in Columbia, MD also had yellow. The Virginia Microsoft stores did not have them. You can just call them number listed on their website to ask about stock. Apparently, they have a good system with real-time inventory status.

radioactiverice8

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
so this was my journey...

as per erzhik's, i visit two microsoft stores today. one at time square and one at columbus circle (both in nyc). time square microsoft was a no go.

however, the columbus circle pop up store was rather quite helpful. they had a yellow one on display, and i have decided that i dont want any other color. it really is quite gorgeous. i asked about their stock and they said they sold out of them within the first few days. i was about to walk away, but then asked an employee there if i could order from a microsoft store who had in in stock and have it shipped to me. they tried, and called the natick microsoft store. haha the manager there told us he only had one more and he wasnt gonna give up his one and only yellow phone. he said i had to go down there and pick it up for myself.

fast forward a bit, i end up ordering a yellow 920 through microsoft's system. he somehow made yellow appear at the website, but for the life of me i cant see yellow as an option when im at their website. i dont care how long it takes to ship to me. but i just dont wanna deal with atts bullcrap again.

also, i can confirm the weak plastic on the 920's shells. haha as per another thread, someone said if you squeeze the top of the case sligtly you can hear a faint click. well for a good ten minutes i was there squeezing the **** out of all the colors of the 920s. yes there is a click. if it wasnt for that other thread, i would have never have noticed.

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got a tracking # for phone!! Sent through usps though. Hang in there guys. You might get tracking tonight... Ordered the 12th, processed the 13th.

Well spank my ass and call me Lumia! I just checked again and I have tracking for phone and SIM card! Woohoo! USPS here as well, so I'll see it sometime next week

Kanshin

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
SHIPPED!!!! my status has been changed to SHIPPED!!!!! I just checked again for the 5th time (today). Oh man my face lit up like a kid on Christmas.

Doh! You guys gave me hope! I checked again and still no luck.
I checked Best Buy and the ATT store on the way home this evening- no luck.

Back to checking ATT Order status site :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb