Can someone who buys an AT&T Lumia 920 Test a T-Mobile (US) microsim?

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Nothing at first... However on reboot you get a message stating that this device only works with certain networks.

With a code input box, a number pad to enter said code and a bit stating that there are 10 attempts left.

:(

Popped it in, phone didn't care for this, gives 10 tries to unlock it total. Looking at net10 & straightTalk now, not sure what I'll do with my tmo plan, been with them since '04 on value plan now, not the vest coverage at work but it's fine at home. Don't want att plan, especially with their behavior of snagging the exclusive and then locking the phones.

Thanks to both of you for trying this out. Now I can make my decision.

As someone on XDA mentioned, with the chipset on the 920 the radio frequency is determined by software. From what I understand it physically has the hardware to use the AWS frequency, the only issue is unlocking it somehow (via firmware or other means).

If they (people at XDA) could figure out how to unlock this, then I applaud them for being so successful.

Last edited:

sukhjj

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
ATT lumia 920 supports all 3G Bands acc, to FCC documents(FCC ID:pYAA)

Friends according to FCC document with FCC Id: PYAA which is of Lumia 920 supports all 3G bands including AWS1700.
https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1811301

According to ProfessorTripp pics it says Lumia 920 US Black with FCC ID: PYAA. so FCC deassembled the phone which was submitted with following documents.

Even i went to ATT store to check for lumia 920 in Houston and they were sold out. They are selling off contract phones only with ATT account.

CSR didnt know any bands differences in ATT Lumia 920.

If we stay with FCC document then this Lumia 920 ATT should support AWS1700 band.

Last edited:

drew46911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Nothing at first... However on reboot you get a message stating that this device only works with certain networks.

With a code input box, a number pad to enter said code and a bit stating that there are 10 attempts left.

:(

wonder if u can unlock it with this site? *i am not affiliated with the site, i was just browsing for some unlock codes and this is the first one i saw that advertised att unlock.

Unlock Nokia Lumia 920 from AT&T Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net

JRBTempe

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased one of those unlock codes? kind of doubting it will work, but we shall see! They say 1 to 24 hours turnaround so I'll report back soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Just bear in mind the Lumia 900 AT&T saga in regards to unlocking the L900.

I would caution against buying the L920 AT&T version if you want to use it on tmo. Rather wait for the international version. this will save you a lot of headaches.

The cell unlockers won't be able to help until such time that AT&T is prepared to unlock the L920. Which in the case of the L900 was almost 6 months after it was made available and even then, there are a lot of us still struggling to get our L900s unlocked.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Just bear in mind the Lumia 900 AT&T saga in regards to unlocking the L900.

I would caution against buying the L920 AT&T version if you want to use it on tmo. Rather wait for the international version. this will save you a lot of headaches.

The cell unlockers won't be able to help until such time that AT&T is prepared to unlock the L920. Which in the case of the L900 was almost 6 months after it was made available and even then, there are a lot of us still struggling to get our L900s unlocked.

Neither AT&T nor International version work on TMo at this moment. Maybe later some XDA guy come up with some thing to let these phone be capable with TMo.

Roger version costs really expensive. Someone said the phone unlocked in Canada will be $600 CAD, so roughly $650 USD. Look at ebay right now and we'll see some guys actually sell this model with pre-order about $850 and the available date should be 11/12. Or Negri sell it for $700 with pre-order for 11/14. One of the rep at Negri confirmed this will be pentaband indeed so it's safe to buy it. Question is are you willing to pay that much for this phone to use with TMO or any AWS carriers.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought that at&t 920 with no contract at best buy tried to pop in my monthly 4g tmobile sim card and it did not work the phone told me "invalid or missing sim" shucks... here's to xda doing what they do best!!! I wander whether straight talk will work??... I will try later and update everybody later.. I told myself I will return the phone if I can't use it on tmobile but now that I have the phone there's NO way I can take it back. I'm in it for the long haul

Last edited:

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought that at&t 920 with no contract at best buy tried to pop in my monthly 4g tmobile sim card and it did not work the phone told me "invalid or missing sim" shucks... here's to xda doing what they so best!!! I wander whether straight talk will work??... I will try later and update everybody later.. I told myself I will return the phone if I can't use it on tmobile but now that I have the phone there's NO way I can take it back. I'm in it for the long haul

I think Straight Talk will work because they will based on the phone frequencies. Because your is AT&T model, so it will work by using the AT&T network.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, since I'm really interested in seeing if that unlock code website Works.

Me too. Because if it turns out by some miracle that it works, I will order an AT&T 920 right then and there.

I just purchased one of those unlock codes… kind of doubting it will work, but we shall see! They say 1 to 24 hours turnaround so I'll report back soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Please do report back with us whether it works or not.

Last edited:

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Roger version costs really expensive. Someone said the phone unlocked in Canada will be $600 CAD, so roughly $650 USD.
Actually, 599.00 CAD = 598.073 USD so it's roughly the same. Their taxes are higher though. In British Columbia there's a 12% sales tax rate, which equates to nearly $72 in taxes on $598. Still cheaper than Negri, if you know someone in Canada, that is ;)

OlaSivan

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Have to buy in the store!

Trying to buy via website (to get the Cyan).
It's forcing me to get a plan.
It also asking for my SSN.

Are they going to run my credit?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You have to go into the store to purchase off contract, they will not run a credit check and all they care about that you have the money and a mailing address. We drove from Toronto to Buffalo yesterday and bought one outright with a prepaid visa.

Comes locked, cs rep. is getting me an unlock code, but because I am just so f***ing impatient I also ordered one through Mobile-Phone-Unlock - Unlock Your Mobile Phone By Code. Will post later to let you guys know if the unlock through them worked (for now it only cost 7$)

Good luck to all!

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
the at&t 920 will be the same as the at&t 900 and not unlockable until the 6 months is up.

thats why at&t L900's were selling for dirt cheap compared to rogers on ebay.

PurpleOmen

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if this AT&T version will work on my Three UK sim? I know the signal bands will work as Three is on GSM2100 but will it be locked out because of AT&T?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa