Can someone who buys an AT&T Lumia 920 Test a T-Mobile (US) microsim?

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if this AT&T version will work on my Three UK sim? I know the signal bands will work as Three is on GSM2100 but will it be locked out because of AT&T?

Based on what we've seen so far, it seems like the AT&T 920 is locked to AT&T. If you can somehow get it unlocked, then I believe it should work on Three (AFAIK they share the same bands).

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I just called AT&T customer service and the representative agent told me if i buy the phone at full price, they must unlock it if you ask at the store or if you prefer you can do it online. I asked him to email me that info and he gave me the link to the AT&T website where you can unlock the device. After you put the IMEI of the device you should receive an email after 5 to 7 business days with the unlock code. The page says unlock your iPhone but he told me that it applies to any device. So right now i'm looking forward to buy the device and tell them to unlock it on the store if not i try the website and if it don't work i return it. Let's see what happens.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I just called AT&T customer service and the representative agent told me if i buy the phone at full price, they must unlock it if you ask at the store or if you prefer you can do it online. I asked him to email me that info and he gave me the link to the AT&T website where you can unlock the device. After you put the IMEI of the device you should receive an email after 5 to 7 business days with the unlock code. The page says unlock your iPhone but he told me that it applies to any device. So right now i'm looking forward to buy the device and tell them to unlock it on the store if not i try the website and if it don't work i return it. Let's see what happens.

It would be great if that worked because then you wouldn't have to spend more money to buy an unlock code. Be sure to update us after you've tried this :)

As a general statement, we're still awaiting confirmation on whether or not a T-Mobile sim works in an unlocked AT&T 920.

kmcochran

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how much the phone is purchased outright? And will there eventually be unlocked phones for purchase? My husband has a WP on Sprint, but we're looking to dump them and probably go with T-Mobile prepaid to save money and for him to get a newer phone.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how much the phone is purchased outright? And will there eventually be unlocked phones for purchase? My husband has a WP on Sprint, but we're looking to dump them and probably go with T-Mobile prepaid to save money and for him to get a newer phone.

Outright from AT&T is 450. Unfortunately, they do not plan to release the unlock code until the exclusive deal is over (6 months). Your best bet would be to purchase a developer's version, but those are going to run super expensive. The international version should work on T-Mobile's 4G as well, but it's yet to be determined if it is future proof (works with LTE).

Rogers' Canada version is another one, but they have limited quantity.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Comes locked, cs rep. is getting me an unlock code, but because I am just so f***ing impatient I also ordered one through Mobile-Phone-Unlock - Unlock Your Mobile Phone By Code. Will post later to let you guys know if the unlock through them worked (for now it only cost 7$)

Good luck to all!

I just purchased one of those unlock codes? kind of doubting it will work, but we shall see! They say 1 to 24 hours turnaround so I'll report back soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have either of you had any success with your unlock codes?

GZAZ

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am also waiting for the good news. Either AT&T can unlock it or any website can provide a working unlock code.

thanks

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

If this is true, here's the iphone unlock request link:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...nt%2Fen_US%2FtermsAndCondition&token=znALido5

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

By the looks of that link, it seems like you need an AT&T account (or a friend with one) to do that.

No response yet, but I ordered on the weekend and they did say 1 to 24 "business" hours, so maybe by tomorrow??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Makes sense. That hadn't occurred to me.

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
By the looks of that link, it seems like you need an AT&T account (or a friend with one) to do that.

Hi, Agent P

Actually you dont need any ATT account. I bought the 920 over the week-end, hoping to use it in Montreal, Canada with FIDO...I called ATT today and they placed a request for me with the "Unlocking team"..However, after reading all this I went to the url mentioned above and I placed another request ...got a confirmation number..sent a fax..and now..waiting and praying...for a positive answer..so I dont have to drive back to Burlington and return the phone..

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Agent P

Actually you dont need any ATT account. I bought the 920 over the week-end, hoping to use it in Montreal, Canada with FIDO...I called ATT today and they placed a request for me with the "Unlocking team"..However, after reading all this I went to the url mentioned above and I placed another request ...got a confirmation number..sent a fax..and now..waiting and praying...for a positive answer..so I dont have to drive back to Burlington and return the phone..

Ah, yes. You are correct. Earlier I hadn't noticed the option at the top to select "non-customer". Please keep us informed of your progress as well.

frageelay

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Agent P

I called AT&T CS at 800.331.0500 and hit 0. Told the rep I didn't have a contract with them and asked could they unlock the phone noting I had paid full price for the device. She asked where I got it from (MS store) and for the IMEI. She said it was unavailable for the phone at the time but she would put in a request anyway and gave me a case number. I was told it would be resolved by 20 November and that it's 50/50. We shall see.

I thought I'd try this before settling with a contract with AT&T. That's the last thing I want.

xtrip

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Having bought the 920 Saturday, and not being able to use..it at all, ..I spent the almost the entire today ..looking for any kind of method of unlocking this phone..and using it in Canada...from all the research ive done so far..there is no way the unlocking codes will be available within the next 6 months....
I checked with all kinds of websites and forums...but nothing so far..

Im very disappointed..and pissed that i was so impatient and didnt research a little more before actually buying the phone..
Now i have to drive again..to Burlington, Vermont...(from Montreal, Canada)..pay the 35$ restocking fee...and return the phone. Im so mad..now on ATT..and all this , exclusivity deal, I think in the end..ATT & Nokia will loose more than wining .because people simply wont buy the phone...I just refuse to pay 800$ or so ..for an unlocked..phone..

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I think you have to sign up for one anyways if you were to buy the AT&T Lumia 920 off contract (I searched around and it asks you to sign up and pick a plan. My guess is that you have all of the credentials to request unlocked. At some point you then cancel the plan?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb