Can someone who buys an AT&T Lumia 920 Test a T-Mobile (US) microsim?

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I found this website... mobileunlocked.co.uk and they supposedly can unlock the ATT 920 for $24. Does anyone wanna take a chance with them and let us know? Here's my email conversation with their customer service, it did reassure me a bit but still not 100% sure:

Me: "Hello. I noticed you have unlock codes for the US ATT Lumia 920. Are these guaranteed to work/have been tested to work? I need an honest answer because I don't want to buy an ATT locked phone and then find out I can't unlock it. I mean, I'm sure you will refund me the money for the code if it doesn't work, but you can't refund me the money for the phone. If the codes do really work, that would be fantastic and save me A LOT of money! Thanks."

Reply: "Hi,

That service has actually only become available to us today, so we are going through the process of getting some unlock codes delivered. We have been speaking with the supplier and are extremely confident that there wouldn't be any problems, so please do feel free to place an order.

As you've rightly mentioned, if the unlock code wasn't found for any reason, we would automatically refund you, but there is always a chance of that, irrespective of the phone.

Unlock Nokia Lumia 920 - Mobileunlocked.co.uk

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards,
Darren.
Mobile Unlocked"

They said they will be able to issue refunds if there are problems with the codes. Anyways, if anyone tries, keep us updated!

wenw

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can someone who buys an AT&T Lumia 920 Test a T-Mobile (US) microsim?

I found this website... mobileunlocked.co.uk and they supposedly can unlock the ATT 920 for $24. Does anyone wanna take a chance with them and let us know? Here's my email conversation with their customer service, it did reassure me a bit but still not 100% sure:

Me: "Hello. I noticed you have unlock codes for the US ATT Lumia 920. Are these guaranteed to work/have been tested to work? I need an honest answer because I don't want to buy an ATT locked phone and then find out I can't unlock it. I mean, I'm sure you will refund me the money for the code if it doesn't work, but you can't refund me the money for the phone. If the codes do really work, that would be fantastic and save me A LOT of money! Thanks."

Reply: "Hi,

That service has actually only become available to us today, so we are going through the process of getting some unlock codes delivered. We have been speaking with the supplier and are extremely confident that there wouldn't be any problems, so please do feel free to place an order.

As you've rightly mentioned, if the unlock code wasn't found for any reason, we would automatically refund you, but there is always a chance of that, irrespective of the phone.

Unlock Nokia Lumia 920 - Mobileunlocked.co.uk

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards,
Darren.
Mobile Unlocked"

They said they will be able to issue refunds if there are problems with the codes. Anyways, if anyone tries, keep us updated!

When I choose "USA" and "ATT", there is a message "Wen cannot unlock this handset at this time" . Maybe they haven't update their website yet? Also, it shows $47.99 for the Lumia 920 unlock code...

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

By just comparing the AT&T Lumia 920 and T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 810 I get to the conclusion that an AT&T Lumia 920 will work if unlock on T-Mobile's 4g Network at 4g speeds. Take a look at the bands , they both support the same bands except that the 810 doesn't support LTE because T-Mobile doesn't have LTE yet. The rest is the same.

Compare phones | Windows Phone (United States)

Last edited by a moderator:

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

I think, for anyone in UK, I guess, better bet is to buy the phone from India and get it shipped to UK, instead of buying from US.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

By just comparing the AT&T Lumia 920 and T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 810 I get to the conclusion that an AT&T Lumia 920 will work if unlock on T-Mobile's 4g Network at 4g speeds. Take a look at the bands , they both support the same bands except that the 810 doesn't support LTE because T-Mobile doesn't have LTE yet. The rest is the same.

Compare phones | Windows Phone (United States)

Wrong. The 810 has AWS band which is 1700/2100, but it can be used in AT&T. 920 AT&T version does not have that band, maybe it will through some hacking (if it is possible). It only works when you in T-Mobile refarmed area, which some major cities at this point. Sometime these website do mess up a lot with these info.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

When I choose "USA" and "ATT", there is a message "Wen cannot unlock this handset at this time" . Maybe they haven't update their website yet? Also, it shows $47.99 for the Lumia 920 unlock code...

I just went to the website and you are right. My guess would be that they removed it from the site, realizing the codes they ordered don't work. It really sucks, I'm almost completely convinced that buying an international version is my only option left unless Expansys really is selling ATT unlocked devices. $620 would be a lot cheaper than $780. If anyone finds a way to unlock the ATT model please let us know asap. :/

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Wrong. The 810 has AWS band which is 1700/2100, but it can be used in AT&T. 920 AT&T version does not have that band, maybe it will through some hacking (if it is possible). It only works when you in T-Mobile refarmed area, which some major cities at this point. Sometime these website do mess up a lot with these info.

Did you check the specs on the link? , that comparison is from the windows phone website here in United States. Check the link, and check the bands listed under both phones

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/phones/compare?phone=RM-820%7Cnokia-lumia-920&phone=RM-878%7Cnokia-lumia-810

CeeGii

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
if anyone is willing to give it a go if the 920 can be unlocked PM me your IMEI so we can try to feed it to a Server if it can produce an unlock code? PM me the IMEI dont post it in the forum

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion