Nokia Car dock

lgorbena

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Considering the big noise they made about nokia maps and nokia drive, is there (or will there be) a car dock for the 920? I would LOVE a Nokia Lumia 920 specific dock for my car!

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I'll wait for a Nokia branded car dock, but if they did have one coming out soon I would try to order one. The only thing that would prevent me from doing so would be cost. If it is overpriced I will find something just as refined.

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
i'd love a car dock with qi charging and nfc to trigger nokia drive.

I spend at least 12 hours a week in my car, so it would be helpful.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
A 920 specific car dock would be awesome to be sure. I would absolutely get one. Does anyone know if WP8 has a "car mode" like android does where everything goes landscape automatically?

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll wait for something like this when I'll have my 920:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m03z1jUbpV1r3kmkso1_500.jpg

By the way - wireless charging on the dock, seems to be nonsense :) While you will still need a cable to the dock.
The only good stuff would be NFC activation of some apps and horizontal screen.

Agreed. Something is going to have to be plugged in. However, having wireless charging from the dock would eliminate needing to do an extra step when taking the phone out or putting it into the dock. The dock itself can be left plugged in. So from that standpoint, I like the idea of a wireless charging aspect to the dock.

As for the rest, the NFC aspect and the taking everything to landscape mode does appeal to me. It was a very useful thing on my android phone and I already miss it in WP8.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Something is going to have to be plugged in. However, having wireless charging from the dock would eliminate needing to do an extra step when taking the phone out or putting it into the dock. The dock itself can be left plugged in. So from that standpoint, I like the idea of a wireless charging aspect to the dock.

The issue I see with the 920 that wasn't there with the 900 is that the audio and charger are now on separate ends. It just looks ridiculous with cables coming of both ends. And even without using it for navigation while it sits in my cupholder, one of those cables will be smashed while it sits there.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The issue I see with the 920 that wasn't there with the 900 is that the audio and charger are now on separate ends. It just looks ridiculous with cables coming of both ends. And even without using it for navigation while it sits in my cupholder, one of those cables will be smashed while it sits there.

Have to agree, it looks silly. Not sure why they did this. I prefer charge port on side and audio on top.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Agreed, and it makes it difficult to run the cables together and keep them out of the way. Hopefully, we will not have long to wait for a dock that includes charging and automatic landscape mode!

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I use a ProClip for my car. I have one of their more universal ones thats adjustable, it fit my iPhone 5, my Lumia 900 and Galaxy Note. So I assume it will fit my 920 when it comes in.

It looks like this one here:
875214.jpg-350x350

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
another vote for proclipusa, I've used them since my Zunes to the Zune HD to all my previous WinMo and WPs and vehicles, getting the 920 as soon as they have the mount made, hopefully they do wireless charging or leave room for the wireless charging plate, the one for my Zune HD and the HD7 had a gap big enough behind the device for me to use adhesive on the plate, maybe this will too.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
ProClip will almost certainly be coming out with a dock soon... they do for pretty much every phone ever and I've been extremely happy with the Lumia 900 and GSIII docks I bought from them. MUCH better than lame windshield mounts.

Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices

Yeah, I actually e-mailed them to ask and they said yes they do plan to. They can't give me an exact timeframe because they're busy working on a bunch of docks for other phones too. I think they just said something like 3-4 weeks after the phone's launch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786