920 looks to be pretty popular

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
My local AT&T store had five people getting one when I was there. Apparently there was an hour wait at one point. The phone is pretty cool and pretty much slaps the iPhone 5 to the curb. It looks like a toy compared to the 920.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
As do I. I'm still holding back on going to the mall to see what they've got. May just get an 8X until I get my 920 on Saturday or Monday.

I called FedEx and if it can hit the facility tonight, they'll hold it for me tomorrow. Very understanding since we (NJ) were effected by the storm.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
As do I. I'm still holding back on going to the mall to see what they've got. May just get an 8X until I get my 920 on Saturday or Monday.

I called FedEx and if it can hit the facility tonight, they'll hold it for me tomorrow. Very understanding since we (NJ) were effected by the storm.

That would be awesome, hope it works out for you. Loving the phone. The screen for text is fantastic coming from the 900.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
That would be awesome, hope it works out for you. Loving the phone. The screen for text is fantastic coming from the 900.
Now you gonna make me buy both a 900 and 8X tonight! Hopefully they have some Lumia devices left. Lol.

Gonna head to the mall shortly.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I checked the att and checked if there are any nearby.. but all are out of stock. Will they have the display models?

My 5 year old daughter wants yellow phone :).

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
My local att was packed.

Everyone was in WP shirts, but most of the employees had never even seen the phone until today...

The employee I bought from was genuinely surprised at how busy it was.

I saw two people come from different platforms while I was in there. :)

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I went into my local store as well, and there were probably 15 people in line. I wasn't looking at what they were in line for because I went in only to check out the 920 and see what they felt like, and how they responded. They only had the white and black models as others have mentioned in other stores. I even tried to convince one of the customers who was buying an iPhone 4S to take a look at the Lumia. She was definitely a iSheep though. She told me she was only looking at the iPhone because her family members all had one and if something went wrong, one of them would know how to fix it. Pretty lame excuse for a phone choice, but hey, I tried. Anyway, here's a couple pics I snapped of the display models.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
God bless Jessica Alba . I wonder how much$$$ she was paid to he caught by the paps walking with her red 920

And she was on the WP launch.
Other than cash she only got to advertise his own company on the MS event.

Certainly would not mind some more ad time of she using that red Lumia 920.

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
We got the last two at our store in Pittsburgh. MS rep came in and said if was his 3rd store that day and they were all selling out. He had an 8x, amazingly light but it felt like a toy. Liking the heft of the 920, and double the memory and half the price isn't hurting either.

InnocuousScreenname

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't think they were very popular here in DFW. I went in to get a Lumia 920 in black (my preference) and asked the ATT rep how sales had been. He said "Well, we had about six phones left after the pre-orders...and after your purchase, we'll have five."

Everyone who came in was either looking for support on, or to purchase, an iPhone, or a Galaxy S III.

I really want Windows Phone to succeed. This is by leaps and bounds my favorite OS, and I want to see it grow and improve.

Last edited:

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Oh Com'on !!! You guys are pissing me off with envy & jealousy.
Reading this forum & looking at those drooling 920 pics makes my eyes green & my nose bleeds.
The WAIT for the 920 coming to my homeland in early December is eating me alive man :D

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
There were 7 people on the waiting list when I got to my AT&T store, and while I was waiting for my name to move to the top of the list I saw 3 of those 7 walk out with black 920s.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon