Played with one at ATT store... first impressions

hungarianhc

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow! What a great phone! I ALMOST bought it... well, I've already ordered it in yellow... but i almost bought the black one to cancel the yellow. I held out. I'm nervous about the yellow... nervous i'll tire of it.

I saw the black and white. Both look very nice.

The kiosk was actually right next to an iPhone 5 kiosk. I decided to try a little head to head action. I made sure wifi was off on both. They both had LTE. I loaded up a couple websites I visit regularly that don't have mobile sites (Anandtech, Techreport, and NYTimes) - the 920 got them loaded faster, and the screen was a joy to look at.

One concern - typing quickly. While the keyboard is leaps beyond android's stock keyboard, i don't think it's as good as Apple's. Yes - you can type quickly and there is no lag. However, the autocorrect lags a bit. For example. if I type "tezt" instead of "text," it actually takes a brief moment for the word "text" to pop up and if you click the spacebar before it pops up, it won't autocorrect. I'm not sure if this is default behavior/ tweakable, but it was my experience in the store.

From what i'm reading, the yellow is a bit too light - i might just go buy the black now and cancel the order for my yellow.

In any case, this phone seems like a real winner.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
You'll eventually tire of any color you get. I'm sick and tired of black (had a black L800 and L900). I'm holding out hope that one of the Microsoft Stores may get yellow this weekend... don't want to pre-order from AT&T just yet.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to mention

I was at an AT&T store today. I liked everything about it. The staff had blue win8 shirts on and one guy was super excited about the phone.

I looked at the iphone 5 because I was there and both the black and white models looked like crap because of all the chips and scratches on the perimiter. It really showed on both but the black one was worse.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
You'll eventually tire of any color you get. I'm sick and tired of black (had a black L800 and L900). I'm holding out hope that one of the Microsoft Stores may get yellow this weekend... don't want to pre-order from AT&T just yet.
It won't be pre-order any more. Lol. You'd just be ordering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05