High Sensitivity Touch doesn't work

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Here's a review for ya... Got back at the beginning of this month from a ski trip in Montana. First couple days, I kept taking my gloves off to access my phone unitil I remembered that my 920 has the super sensitive feature. Turned that puppy on an worked like a charm. It's not as responsive as using a bare hand, but it worked fine and was very useful during the week. My gloves? Hestra Army Leather Ascent. I'll let you decide if those qualify as "heavy duty" or not.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I use dirt bike gloves and they're 100% responsive; in fact even the fabric triggers the screen which throws off my calibration a bit.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
What kind of gloves? Are they thin fabric where your actual finger might be close enough to activate a normal screen? If so, the problem is your gloves. Try doing what I suggested with your car keys and report back.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

I tried it with keys, had the same problem. It works maybe 25% of the time, otherwise it's non-responsive. Very inconsistent/unreliable. I don't think the gloves would be thin enough to activate a normal screen

mox2284

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
i tried a couple stuff, even a plastic bottle of shampoo (clear) and it worked lol, also my aircon remote control, kinda surprised me haha. some stuff like my leather wallet did not, also the usb plug of my usb flash drive did not work.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Well you can do a factory reset to solve it, but remember to backup all your stuff before doing it

It's very tempting, however I would lose some savegame data etc which I don't think it's possible to back up.

Has anyone else had this issue and solved it via a hard reset?

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried again with keys - it does actually seem a bit more responsive than it does when using my gloves (although still not perfect). Will see if I can find some different gloves to test with...

Martinspire

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I had a few issues with it to try to get it to work. It seems that the first time needs a little longer to recognise the other touch (at least for me). Try to keep the object on the screen for a longer while so it can scan the object better. After a while it just worked with pretty much anything. Which is great for when i'm walking the dog and wanna browse for some news (to not get bored).

So if you have trouble: try to keep it on the screen a little longer. If it already worked a while ago. Try to turn the screen on and off again. (worked with me on another occasion). No need to reboot, just hit the powerbutton to turn it off and back on again.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a few issues with it to try to get it to work. It seems that the first time needs a little longer to recognise the other touch (at least for me). Try to keep the object on the screen for a longer while so it can scan the object better. After a while it just worked with pretty much anything. Which is great for when i'm walking the dog and wanna browse for some news (to not get bored).

So if you have trouble: try to keep it on the screen a little longer. If it already worked a while ago. Try to turn the screen on and off again. (worked with me on another occasion). No need to reboot, just hit the powerbutton to turn it off and back on again.

This suggestion does work for me in a way. If I turn the screen on/off a few times, it eventually responds. Also if I hit volume-down to extend the time the screen is lit up a couple of times, again it eventually responds. It's inconsistent in that sometimes it works quicker than others.

However, shouldn't it activate reliably without having to use these workarounds? Once it has "activated" it works perfectly until next time it's locked. But getting it to activate is very hit and miss and can take anywhere from 1 - 15 seconds.

Martinspire -How long did it take approximately before it worked with pretty much anything?

On a side note, I got the 1308 firmware update yesterday through official channels - doesn't seem to address this issue.

Last edited:

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Update - I exchanged the phone. The new one works *loads* betters with gloves. Looks like this was a hardware fault in my case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon