Nokia Diagnostics App

toddpart

Jul 17, 2004
Visit site
Does anyone know the new code to install the Diagnostics app on the 920? ##634# doesn't work, it now opens a 'Color and Counter' app instead.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Been searching around for this with no luck. Anyone find anything?
I asked the question on one of the "official" Nokia blogs, and "Kosh," a Nokia Community Manager, shot me down. Obvious bullsh*t, of course. But why Nokia wouldn't allow customer access, is beyond me. Collectively, we could solve the app/battery questions a lot faster...

"The diagnostics tool is no longer available in Windows Phone 8."

See posts 4 and 5 below:
Nokia Support Discussions - Advice for customers reporting higher than expecte... - Nokia Support Discussions

We need a mole inside Nokia to give us the secret code....

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
##3282# just returns my phone number on my 920. I just got LTE in my area and my battery went from a nice 2-days per charge to a not-so-nice 6-8 hours per charge. But boy, can I ever text message super frickin fast now... totally worth it <rolleyes>

Hopefully someone will figure the code out, and I'll just disable LTE permanently.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Works on my unlocked L920. Just tested it again. The version on my phone is 1232.5957.1308.1

I believe AT&T has disabled any way to turn off 4G. In Australia I can go into settings and set highest connection level to 4g, 3g or 2g. Or i can use ##3282 and disable it there (although the settings way is much nicer). This is on 1308 as well. Both still work.

Scott McBurney

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
The dropping of the ##3282# code was not an AT&T thing. I've got two Lumia 920s, the unlocked ones that were given out at the Microsoft Build conference. One I received at the build conference last fall, which had issues with the first upgrade that Nokia released. It has since been upgraded to 1308 without problems. During that first upgrade, it appears they also upgraded the radio firmware, which removed or changed the ##3282# field test. Because of the problems I had with that upgrade, Nokia sent me another of the developer phones, which had not been upgraded, so I updated it to the 1308 firmware. Surprisingly, the radio firmware did not upgrade. It is an older version. The older version shows "4G" when running on LTE, while the newer version on the other phone shows "L" for LTE. The newer version also doesn't launch the field test when dialing ##3282# but the old radio does. Other than that, the other firmware components are the same. So i'm not sure why the radio firmware is no longer upgrading.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I believe AT&T has disabled any way to turn off 4G. In Australia I can go into settings and set highest connection level to 4g, 3g or 2g. Or i can use ##3282 and disable it there (although the settings way is much nicer). This is on 1308 as well. Both still work.

AT&T wants to decongest it's HSPA network by forcing everyone to LTE I guess. American carriers always do stuff like this.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
EE is also guilty of disabling ##3282. So yeah, it's annoying.

Probably to force people to LTE?

How was Orange and T-Mobile UK before the merger? When I was looking at some of the tests done by RootMetrics, they didn't seem too good.

Oh, and may I ask where did you get that banner in your sig with your phone history? I want something like that, and I knew I saw it before, I guess it was yours that I saw.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Probably to force people to LTE?

How was Orange and T-Mobile UK before the merger? When I was looking at some of the tests done by RootMetrics, they didn't seem too good.

Oh, and may I ask where did you get that banner in your sig with your phone history? I want something like that, and I knew I saw it before, I guess it was yours that I saw.

Not sure it is to force people to LTE as I can still choose between 3G and 4G. I think it's to force people off 2G more than anything else.

I never really used Orange before the merger. Was always an O2 person.

And as for the sig, try the link in the signature image (if there is one)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire