AT&T Unlocked Lumia 920?

gkkwp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got their reply that they cannot unlock the phone right now. Normally, they can unlock a phone within 24 hours after the purchase, however, they announced this for 5-8 business days for unlocking it. It seems that they are still finding a way to make this working. So I don't trust they can unlock it in a short time. Will wait until they announce a short time or somebody get successfully unlocked from their code.

I had ordered an AT&T unlocked phone for me from GSM Nation. I was shocked to see last evening that the web page containing the details of this AT&T unlocked phone is removed and only the International unlocked version is available which is $150 more than the AT&T unlocked version. I called them up today and asked them regarding this. They said, they're unable to unlock the AT&T phones for some reason so they will send me an International unlocked version as soon as the stock arrives tomorrow.

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
OMG OMG OMG!! I just received my Lumia 920 from gsm nation and its just beautiful! And yes it is factory unlocked.

Can you check the label on the box to see what LTE Bands are supported? I would assume that this would support the Euro LTE bands and not the NA ones.

Thanks!

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Did they send you guys your color of choice, or just a black one? I wonder... maybe expansys would do something similar? They still have the ATT "Unlocked" version on their site for $619. Or do you guys think they would just give me a refund?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a cracked phone. Seems a bit dodgy to me...

I'd also be careful of assuming that it will work on 3G with T-Mobile. 1700 MHz could be just for LTE, not HSPA+... and in that case, the 920 will technically "work" on T-Mo for calls and EDGE data only (slowwwwwww).

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Did they send you guys your color of choice, or just a black one? I wonder... maybe expansys would do something similar? They still have the ATT "Unlocked" version on their site for $619. Or do you guys think they would just give me a refund?

Got a note from the Expansys folks that they are expecting their AT&T unlocked stock late this month or early next month. They are expecting them to be unlocked, but cannot confirm until they do the test themselves. They are expecting the unlocked, non-AT&T branded stock sometime in mid-December.

phonegeeks

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

The one I bought from GSM Nation was a black at&t unlocked to cuz it was cheaper. But I think they jumped the gun a bit cuz it turns out they couldnt unlock it. They are pretty transparent about it if you ask questions. They just bumped me to this, I bout the at&t one for 659. kept the free shipping they offered too.

As for the LTE bandsThey they already told me what bands it was supporting before they shipped it out. I think they updated the website too. They say their dev version was getting it but this batch from Germany (im guessing since its a german start guide) doesnt.

heres some pictures. They sent me an email with instructions on how to get it to work on T-Mobile. Apparantly if the mobile network setting is set to LTE it wont detect the sim. They didnt have to though. There was a little slip in there that explained it.

No 1700 apparantly my area isnt refarmed I guess :( but I suppose itll be up by the end of the year anyway so not to concerned.)

The lte bands

47Y1c.jpg

The LTE settings instructions

WfgUr.jpg

Edge only..

werRS.jpg

Im pretty tired got in late from work when it was here. Ill play around with it more tomorrow.

ZX1cU.jpg

I apologize for the size of images. Not exactly a photo expert.

Last edited:

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It sucks there's no 1700 MHz bands for us on T-Mobile. However, I'm fine with that, as long as I can call and send texts. I don't have a data plan at the moment and I'm almost always in an area with wi-fi, so I'm fine with EDGE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos