"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

SpanglyEnvelope

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I received my email earlier stating that my phone did not ship on 11/13 as the cosmos had predicted. Also, there was no definitive answer as to when the phone would be shipping - however, any orders from now-on would not ship until the 27th (if they aren't pushed back as well).

I called around and stores will have the phone in stock in the morning (limited supply). My plan is to get the California blue 8X in my hand and call customer service to cancel my preorder (I was instructed that this process would work).

Is anyone else planning on picking up a phone in stores instead?

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else planning on picking up a phone in stores instead?

Yep, if they have them in store. They didn't have any in store or on their "transit list" when I stopped in earlier today. We'll see tomorrow.

I'm hoping I get an email tonight telling me it's shipping and that it's being sent overnight (for free) as others have said they were told...

I'm way to hung up on a phone.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there anything special besides the lower price? Some extra feature? (If there are special features, what would they be? Color?) If there's nothing special about the employee version then it comes down to if you want to spend the the extra money to get it now...

A free wireless charging pillow comes with it as well. Supposed to be in some special color with limited edition branding and serial number as well

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Robert Van Meter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Where is the tracking number?

So I preordered the HTC 8X on the first day preorder was available and recieved and email stating it would ship on 11/13, well, here it is 11/14 and I don't have a tracking number. Did it really ship or what? Verizon site doesn't give any info either when I Track my Order.

hecjc

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I got the email too, now I keep waiting for the next one.

I forgot too that the Accord and the 8X are the same phone and for a moment I thought that they messed up my order. Well now I have to wait for the next email with the shipping information. I really going to love this phone after all the suffering. I got to see the 8X Saturday at the Best Buy in my area and I really like it. It's beautiful !

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Lol are you guys serious? The HTC Accord is the internal HTC name for the 8X. Get a clue.

Get a clue? How would the average person know this? From a customer service standpoint for the average consumer it's borderline atrocious, at a minimum highly confusing and likely to generate a lot of calls because they got the order wrong. Never saw Verizon market the 8x as the Accord but maybe I missed something?

Personally, I'm very disappointed to get this memo. Shouldn't they supply pre-order customers before stores? Now they create a logistic nightmare as pre-order customers go to the stores to buy the phone they pre-ordered and end up canceling their pre-orders?

registerednurde

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well lookie here...

Card was charged earlier this morning. My fail of an iPhone 5 just forgot to tell me.

My info:
- Black HTC 8x - Preordered Saturday, November 10th - 0930am
- Pre order page still says ship date 11/13, processing, no tracking info
- Have yet to receive apology email or final ship date email

Last edited:

droner

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine currently shows:

Courier :
Status: Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.
Ship Date:​

Hopefully the overnight shipping upgrade is true.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yep, if they have them in store. They didn't have any in store or on their "transit list" when I stopped in earlier today. We'll see tomorrow.

I'm hoping I get an email tonight telling me it's shipping and that it's being sent overnight (for free) as others have said they were told...

I'm way to hung up on a phone.

Good amount will be going from cancelling pre-orders to getting in-store, like myself. Going blue 8x, screen protectors and clear case tomorrow morning at 9:30.

usb123

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well lookie here...

Card was charged earlier this morning. My fail of an iPhone 5 just forgot to tell me.

My info:
- Black HTC 8x - Preordered Saturday, November 10th - 0930am
- Pre order page still says ship date 11/13, processing, no tracking info
- Have yet to receive apology email or final ship date email
Also just charged by Verizon... which I assume means shipping today or tomorrow. Phone in hand Saturday?

Black HTC 8X

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Called my local Verizon. They said they will have 8xs in stock. He said get there soon, because they will sell out near instantly. He also said they will have two display models

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, I figured out why I didn't get an email. Verizon declared an "error" with my preorder and it was cancelled. I had to call in and reorder the black 8x, my order number is twice as high as the old, so I fell back several spots. However, they still say shipping tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

SwearWord

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Got charged today for a black 8x that I ordered friday night. Checked order status and it's different, it says tracking number now but it's blank.

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Got charged today for a black 8x that I ordered friday night. Checked order status and it's different, it says tracking number now but it's blank.

same. says shipping by 11/15. I called two different stores in my area and both said to call back tomorrow as they don't know if they'll have them in stock by then. I guess i'll hold off on cancelling the preorder until I know for sure it's available in store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786