"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Then why isn't the tools you provide for customers working correctly. I mean if it is shipping on the 13th why wouldnt the Order status screen say that? Instead mine like many othes jus says "Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time." I mean why not appease us and put the 13th?

I also have many people over the phone giving me the run around. 4 calls today one said it was already packaged and ready to go one guy said shipping on the 16th (i know he was refering to the iPhone since it is listed also as a iconic device and he did look into it further) and then another person said shipping on the 21st. and lastly should ship by the 13th. I understand 3rd party people but if they are hired by verizon they should be trained and taught the right way to do things.

trust me, if they were trained the right way, it would make MY job easier lol.

your expected ship date hasnt updated because there is no tracking information generated. the box may very well be sitting in the warehouse ready to go but because that shipment information hasnt been sent to fedex and a tracking # generated, theres nothing to update.

when the shipment information is generated then it'll finally update.

like i said, if you want to PM me your pre-order conf # and your last name ill check on yours specifically when i get to work.

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
you'll have your phone on launch day.

if you want, PM me your pre-order confirmation # and your last name and ill double check it when i get to work in about an hour.
Kpxstar9 is right. All black and blue phones will ship Tuesday Nov 13th for a Thursday Nov 15th arrival. I am long time Verizon customer and have preordered from them many times without issue. In general I find their reps and customer service to be very good. Far and away better than ATT’s customer service, at least in the Washington DC metroplex.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
hmm... so after being told my order was back ordered until the 27th, and seeing no ship date on my order status, it now says expected ship date of "11/16/2012."

Who knows at this point... lol

EDIT: refreshed the page, and now it says unavailable.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok so heres the official shipping schedule

If you ordered your blue or black phone between 11/9 and 11/12 by 1130 am ET the phone will ship by 11/13. If you order it between 1130 am and 1159 pm ET on 11/12 it'll ship by 11/15

If you ordered the red one between 11/9 and 11/20 it'll ship by 11/21

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

If you ordered your blue or black phone between 11/9 and 11/12 by 1130 am ET the phone will ship by 11/13. If you order it between 1130 am and 1159 pm ET on 11/12 it'll ship by 11/15

If it ships on the 13th what's the arrival time frame?

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Thanks! Hopefully the person who told me my order (which was placed right when the preordres went live) would ship on the 27th, was simply very wrong, and it'll ship out by tomorrow.

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
If it ships on the 13th what's the arrival time frame?
ETA for a November 13th ship date is 2 business days via FedEx 2day shipping. It has been my experience that once my order ships I receive an email from Verizon with my FedEx tracking number so that I can track my package online.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
So I'm INCREDIBLY OCD about my gadgets, and I decided to call Verizon to talk to them about my pre-order of the 8x. I ASSUMED that the phone would have a chance of being shipped out BEFORE 11/13, which is why k decided to go the pre-order route. I wanted it to ARRIVE BY 11/13...

In speaking with two agents, they informed me that the device will be shipping ON 11/13, for an 11/15 delivery date. The 8x drops in stores on 11/13, and the agents told me that it CANT ship BEFORE 11/13 because "the phone hasn't been released yet" (aka we can't get it BEFORE the general release to the public)

I then spoke to someone who told me my phone is looking to ship Monday am! He told me the phone is already AT FedEx, now its just waiting to be sent out to me! He said Monday am it'd be sent, arriving to me BY 11/13...a very different answer. Is he looking at a different screen than the other agents?

If I wouldve known I wouldn't get the phone until 11/15, I wouldve just gotten it in-store on 11/13!

I'm just a bit frustrated at the lack of clarity in this situation. Has anyone had any contact regarding this issue? Can someone shed some light?

I would suggest that your use of the word assumed explains things very well. Shipped by = will be shipped by that date, nothing more and nothing less. If it ships before COB on 11/13 then they met their obligation. Assuming that you are going to get something earlier by preordering, when they didn't say you would get it earlier, is really not something for which you can blame the carrier or claim much confusion.

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
just placed the order for my 8x...the rep said it would ship out tomorrow and I should get it by the 15th...but the order itself says ship by the 15th. Here's to hoping the rep was right!

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest that your use of the word assumed explains things very well. Shipped by = will be shipped by that date, nothing more and nothing less. If it ships before COB on 11/13 then they met their obligation. Assuming that you are going to get something earlier by preordering, when they didn't say you would get it earlier, is really not something for which you can blame the carrier or claim much confusion.

I'd completely agree with you if I wasn't told by Verizon that SHIP BY actually means RECEIVE BY. I'm not getting gray hairs in my Movember mustache here, just informing the rest of those who pre-ordered what I was told. Doesn't seem too crazy to be confused by two COMPLETELY opposite statements made by those who you've ordered FROM.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Blue 11/19, black 11/15, red 11/21

I'm on now with a rep, and he told me I'm good and shipping out today!

However, just in case I get pushed back, am I able to cancel the pre order? I was told you aren't billed until the phone SHIPS. If it's pushed back BEYOND launch day, I'm just gonna buy in-store...

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
OMG, this is so STUPID. Why are they changing it? This is why I never do pre orders so the people in the store will have them before us. GGGRRR.

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they changed it, I think the people who preordered right away (ME!) are still shipping today. My ship date still shows today.

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they changed it, I think the people who preordered right away (ME!) are still shipping today. My ship date still shows today.

Where do you see a ship date.....On my order confirmation it only says "Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time." But my confirmation email says shipping 11/08, I am so frustrated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss