"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow, this does suck! I've been really patient the last couple days, waiting for the 13th. My phone should have been arriving today! (I got next day AM) My status still says ship date 11/13/12, but no email, no shipping notification. It was bad enough we had to wait for a release date announcement, but this takes the cake.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Woke up, checked status (it's 6:30 am here in NJ) -- STILL says "Ship Date 11/13/12"

I plan on cancelling my pre-order by noon, and going into Verizon TOMORROW to pick the 8x up on launch. I'm done with this nonsense that is pre-ordering. The whole idea was to get the phone BY launch. Normally, as I've said multiple times, I go in-store with every device I get. I don't know WHY I thought I should pre-order this time...bad move!

GeoffEff

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Woke up, checked status (it's 6:30 am here in NJ) -- STILL says "Ship Date 11/13/12"

I plan on cancelling my pre-order by noon, and going into Verizon TOMORROW to pick the 8x up on launch. I'm done with this nonsense that is pre-ordering. The whole idea was to get the phone BY launch. Normally, as I've said multiple times, I go in-store with every device I get. I don't know WHY I thought I should pre-order this time...bad move!

Agreed. Has it been confirmed stores will have it tomorrow?

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Has it been confirmed stores will have it tomorrow?

Yes sir. Every agent I spoke to last night (about 5), I HARPED the point of a pre-order to begin with (to get your device BY launch). They said tomorrow's launch, and stores will have the devices.

NOON OR BUST.

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I almost want to do that too, but I hate getting devices in store. I like getting my virgin box and getting to open it and set it up myself, I hate them taking it out for you.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I almost want to do that too, but I hate getting devices in store. I like getting my virgin box and getting to open it and set it up myself, I hate them taking it out for you.

Haha I agree, but I am VERY specific with them! I tell them to leave the protective plastic ON (I install the screen protector myself at home), and I inform them to put it in a case.

I don't even want human HANDS touching my devices. The store knows me by now... :-/

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I can officially say I am disappointed now. Still no tracking number and my confirmation info says Shipping 11/13. Well... its now 11/14.

This isn't rolling out like the iphone pre-orders.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to call my local VZW today and see if they can estimate how many 8x's they'll have in-store for tomorrow. Looks like my pre-order will be cancelled...

I can't do this pre-order absurdity anymore!

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If it did secretly ship and we just didn't get notified, I'll have mine in a few hours before 10:30am (its 6:22 now). I got it Next Day by 10:30am. Oh the optimism!

I also emailed the business rep who I called to preorder the phone on friday, she was super helpful, so maybe she can tell me whats up.

AdamMGregory

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I finally got a call back from Verizon, lets see if it does actually ship and there is just an issue updating the order / tracking system online.

Adam hi.

Adam hi this is season from verizon wireless I'm so sorry I'm calling you back so late I wanted to let you know that I did have my Internet T my IP teen take a look at that order the order looks like it's going to process calling I do want sure what your email for any updates about again elm what I'm told by MIT team from what they can tell you were looks fine in should process buying but if there are any issues you will get an email again I'm so sorry to call you for the late but we certainly do appreciate your business and you have a great day bye bye.

Created by Microsoft Speech Technology. Learn More...

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I finally got a call back from Verizon, lets see if it does actually ship and there is just an issue updating the order / tracking system online.

Adam hi.

Adam hi this is season from verizon wireless I'm so sorry I'm calling you back so late I wanted to let you know that I did have my Internet T my IP teen take a look at that order the order looks like it's going to process calling I do want sure what your email for any updates about again elm what I'm told by MIT team from what they can tell you were looks fine in should process buying but if there are any issues you will get an email again I'm so sorry to call you for the late but we certainly do appreciate your business and you have a great day bye bye.

Created by Microsoft Speech Technology. Learn More...

Was anyone able to understand that email at ALL? lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077