"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

mkelso27

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is the first time I've ever pre-ordered a phone. And it will probably be the last time unless it's justified by the fact that they are backordered and this was the only way I'd get one.

to81mn514

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I just called and was told they are shipping out this morning, and that we will receive them by Friday...what a joke. Every day I call and every day they tell me they are shipping out that day. I even had one lady on the phone tell me on Monday that I would get the phone Tuesday.

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
i Just called in and the lady said my phone was shipping out of Texas. And they "SHOULD" have tracking by 8:30 AM. When I was told on monday mine was already packed and re3ady to be shipped. I am so frustrated at all the different answers.

An OMG if it isnt shipping till 11/27 i will BE PISSED.

lunchbox_

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Just talked to rep. She actually was very excited for the phone. She was telling me how neat it was when they were given a chance to demo the phones. The down side is I think all these reps are guessing. From what I gathered from her they really have no way to track them. She said it may even show up to my house before the tracking number. I mention that my account has not been debited. She basically said there is nothing she can see really more than what I could, but took my email address to send me my tracking if it pops up. Not holding my breath :/.

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Bad news, I just called Verizon Customer Support and spoke with a very nice woman.

She attempted to find my order information for my preorder and stated there is no ship date listed for your preorder on your account. She saw the order date and all, but there was no shipping information whatsoever. (Despite the internet saying expected ship date of 11/13/12)

She then called internet sales for me and said "After speaking with the young lady in sales, none of the Windows Phone 8x devices have been shipped out yet." She went on to say the people in internet sales say the release date has been pushed back to 11/27/12, however my phone was listed to ship yesterday (13th) but should ship today.

She told me to keep my fingers crossed it would ship today but to "not get my hopes up."

mkelso27

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
i Just called in and the lady said my phone was shipping out of Texas. And they "SHOULD" have tracking by 8:30 AM. When I was told on monday mine was already packed and re3ady to be shipped. I am so frustrated at all the different answers.

An OMG if it isnt shipping till 11/27 i will BE PISSED.

Wow. Yeah, if it ships after Thanksgiving I may just tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for them stringing us along like this. But who knows, maybe we'll be sitting pretty by the end of the week. :)

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
HAHAHA I just had a guy tell me he would give me HTC's number as it is their fault for the phones not getting here in time. I was like WTF I am not calling HTC I ordered the phone from you not them. And if they ordered phone from them they should know when they are getting them in.

lunchbox_

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Verizon really should at least update their system with good info for these orders. Even if it's we are working on it and will update you or resolve by x date. All these conflicting stories is really damaging. It may take a big blogger site to get a hold of it though, before it reaches the ears of management.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Im still reading a "ship by 11/19" so im sticking with the backordered theory. If they said they are pushing the launch back to the 27th I feel like the site would be updated to reflect something close to that

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine says ship by 11/13
When did you file your preorder?
No I never preordered. Im just saying that's the current ship date the site reflects for all orders placed now.

Yours says 13th im assuming because you preordered before the first batch was depleted. Its the surface launch all over again!

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Im still reading a "ship by 11/19" so im sticking with the backordered theory. If they said they are pushing the launch back to the 27th I feel like the site would be updated to reflect something close to that

When I called Monday morning, I was told my order was "backordered" to the 27th, so there could be some truth to that date. If so, Verizon is doing a pretty bad job of updating their website and setting customer expectations.

I read somewhere that AT&T stores were only getting one or two 8Xs in, so it could be a HTC production issue.

Needless to say, I am quite frustrated.

jake1110

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I’m new to posting here but came across this thread and must vent similar frustration. This is my first experience using Verizon as my company has a very cheap unlimited plan with them but I must say this is disappointing, especially after coming from Sprint where my last two phones, the Touch Pro 2 and EVO 4G were shipped out promptly…my TP2 was overnighted to me even.

I won’t pass judgment yet because it very well could be out of Verizon’s hands. After seeing the HTC "Droid DNA" though, I’m tempted to stick with Android….if it wasn’t for that ~2000mah battery they put in, I would’ve cancelled my pre-order already. All I want is some better information. I’ll be calling CS soon.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
U folks are getting a little too worked up over a phone release date. Chill out lol. If it ships, it ships, if not, buy it in store.. Geez

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077