"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

kthoag

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
This is unbelievably annoying. I should be playing with my new phone right now. What is the purpose of preordering?! If VZW doesn't upgrade to overnight shipping / weekend shipping I will be mad.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, the store in North Scottsdale has one black one left as of 1:15 p.m. MST. They didn't get any blue in. They're "hoping for Saturday or Monday". We'll see. At this point I'll keep my pre-order.

netsatwork

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I received the same info about 'black 8X's ordered before 11:30AM ship 11/15' from a business support rep who acted like he was reading a memo. Although I have been told at least 3 times that my order is shipping next day air, this most recent rep says it is shipping two day so I will get it Monday. I said I would rather just cancel and go to a store and buy it today, but he actually tells me that I should not do that because cancelling an order already scheduled to ship costs Verizon money and therefore I should just wait until Monday. haha

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i received the same info about 'black 8x's ordered before 11:30am ship 11/15' from a business support rep who acted like he was reading a memo. Although i have been told at least 3 times that my order is shipping next day air, this most recent rep says it is shipping two day so i will get it monday. I said i would rather just cancel and go to a store and buy it today, but he actually tells me that i should not do that because cancelling an order already scheduled to ship costs verizon money and therefore i should just wait until monday. Haha

getting mine now.

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I received the same info about 'black 8X's ordered before 11:30AM ship 11/15' from a business support rep who acted like he was reading a memo. Although I have been told at least 3 times that my order is shipping next day air, this most recent rep says it is shipping two day so I will get it Monday. I said I would rather just cancel and go to a store and buy it today, but he actually tells me that I should not do that because cancelling an order already scheduled to ship costs Verizon money and therefore I should just wait until Monday. haha
Oh, it might cost VZW some money? I'll give them a 30% discount on a bologna sandwich.

mundyb

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Friday afternoon in my local corporate store.

If you don't have tracking yet I have an idea. The FedEx reference number, on mine at least, is the store number followed by an underscore then three zeroes and the order number. Example: 1234567_000123456

Search FedEx by Reference number. That worked for my Surface order a couple weeks ago. Worth a shot.

evilkingteapot

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Have my new 8x

Purchased it in store just an hour ago. Cancelled my pre-order this morning and was told I would not be able to upgrade until next week but I was able to when I went into the store. While writing this post I received a call from corporate on the new phone. Woman was incredibly nice about it. Her call actually made the day - made me forget about the pre-ordering. Don't know if my email to corporate was why the upgrade was added back to my account or it just happened that quickly.

BTW - 8x feels pretty awesome in the hand.

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Tracking # Received

OK! Verizon e-mailed me a tracking number from FedEx. My phone is in Memphis, TN and will arrive on my doorstep in Los Angeles by Nov. 19th @ 7:00PM. It is being shipped via 2-day, so I'm really crossing my fingers in hopes that it arrives on Saturday instead of Monday. Feelsgoodman.jpg

Amazon Prime's 2-day shipping service allows me to order a product from their website for another 7 hours and 2 minutes before passing the deadline for receiving said item by Saturday. Amazon uses UPS, though, and VZW is using FedEx. 2-day shipping should be 2-day shipping though, right?

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Purchased it in store just an hour ago. Cancelled my pre-order this morning and was told I would not be able to upgrade until next week but I was able to when I went into the store. While writing this post I received a call from corporate on the new phone. Woman was incredibly nice about it. Her call actually made the day - made me forget about the pre-ordering. Don't know if my email to corporate was why the upgrade was added back to my account or it just happened that quickly.

Ooooh. Aaahhh. Take some more pics for us and show us everything you got, please! Yours is the first Verizon 8X I've seen. Congrats buddy.

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Please Upload PDF of Phone User Manual

EVIL: Please Upload PDF of Phone User Manual to forum so we suckers waiting on an email have something to drool on over the weekend while we wait and wait and wait...

Jonko18

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who pre-ordered a Blue 8X get a shipping confirmation or their card charged yet? Only heard about Black ones so far, I think.

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
OK! Verizon e-mailed me a tracking number from FedEx. My phone is in Memphis, TN and will arrive on my doorstep in Los Angeles by Nov. 19th @ 7:00PM. It is being shipped via 2-day, so I'm really crossing my fingers in hopes that it arrives on Saturday instead of Monday. Feelsgoodman.jpg

Amazon Prime's 2-day shipping service allows me to order a product from their website for another 7 hours and 2 minutes before passing the deadline for receiving said item by Saturday. Amazon uses UPS, though, and VZW is using FedEx. 2-day shipping should be 2-day shipping though, right?

itll be there monday. its 2 business days.

VDubb22

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Glad I canceled my pre-order yesterday. Went into the store today and picked up my new 8X. I'm loving this phone more than the Lumia 920 (primarily because of the size).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb