Early upgrading in-store for $99 ...not happening

anon(361265)

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
No luck on getting an early upgrade for $99, in-store. My official upgrade date via the Att website is 1-13-13. Two different managers at two different corporate stores in my city, Modesto, CA, told me that they could only early upgrade me at that price no more than one month prior to my official date. I didn't even mention the charging plate or waiving upgrade fees. I would hate to have to wait till Dec. 13th...
And both stores had Glossy Red, which I wanted :(

Any tips/success stories on how to approach this problem over the phone with Att customer service? Am I better off waiting till the 13th of this month, so I'm at the two-month-till-upgrade date?

Last edited:

crackdezberries

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriens was able to get it for $99 with the purchase of a home phone as a second line for $20/ month. She had no luck callig a CSR over the phone, her upgrade date is 11/10/13. We had asked in store if there was anyway she could get the discount price for 99 instead of 349 for early upgrade, and what i stated above with opening a home phone line is what he told is, we needed a house phone anyway lol so why not.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I signed my contract in April when I bought my L900 and when I went to buy my L920, they offered me an early upgrade discount of $100 off the regular no-commitment price (so I paid $349 I think instead of $449)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss