Where can I buy an unlocked Grey Lumia 920?

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
lumia_920_grey_2.jpg

Lumia-920-1.png

I been trying to buy this for the entire day with no luck! I want it to run on AT&T U.S. GSM network!

Last edited:

spampy2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Now that is an awesome color! Wonder why ATT isn't getting this color as this one would sell like crazy. Now I'm going to have to find this one unlocked and have shipped to the US

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You can buy it at welectronics.com Call them 1 773 274 3764, they are getting them in on Monday. I ordered my unlocked 920 from there.

Same price as AT&T no commitment price $449.99? And with the same radio frequencies as AT&T GSM network! If that is true; I will buy!

Just went to Welectronic site and it is listed at $649.99 and they do not have a way to select the color of the smartphone either.

If they match the AT&T price and have the same specs; I will buy one!

Last edited:

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Same price as AT&T no commitment price $449.99? And with the same radio frequencies as AT&T GSM network! If that is true; I will buy!

Same frequencies as AT&T network, but remember its unlocked so its a bit more expensive $661.

Also even though you buy the 920 from AT&T at the no commitment price, that device is still locked to AT&T.

The 920s that AT&T is selling at the no commitment price is not unlocked.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxVIKTidfzs&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So there are Grey ones in the US / Chicago being sold? Wow that's very good news and will have to call them tomorrow

Yes they are importing them from Europe. That's the only way to get one. Was looking at this video on youtube and the grey one sure does look very sexy and unique. I am thinking about switching from black to grey. My order hasnt shipped yet.

Nokia Lumia 920 & 820 - Side by Side Comparison - YouTube

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I just read a blib that the slate grey is not offered in the U.S. yet! AT&T decided to past on the slate grey color is the rumor! AT&T wanted to have more flashy colors to get the younger crowd! What is AT&T thinking?? Corporate and more conservative buyers matter too; they are the ones that have the $$$$$$$$$$!:confused:

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Same frequencies as AT&T network, but remember its unlocked so its a bit more expensive $661.

Also even though you buy the 920 from AT&T at the no commitment price, that device is still locked to AT&T.

The 920s that AT&T is selling at the no commitment price is not unlocked.

Click to view quoted video

The $449.99 is an unlocked AT&T Lumia 920! That was confirm at the local AT&T and seveal articles telling about the offer! Plus, you get a free charger too!

Go do a Google or Yahoo search and type in:

AT&T no commitment $449.99 Nokia Lumia 920 offer

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The $449.99 is an unlocked AT&T Lumia 920!

That is incorrect my friend. The device is still locked to AT&T. You could never buy an unlocked Lumia 920 for $449.99 , impossible.

I just read a blib that the slate grey is not offered in the U.S. yet! AT&T decided to past on the slate grey color is the rumor! AT&T wanted to have more flashy colors to get the younger crowd! What is AT&T thinking?? Corporate and more conservative buyers matter too; they are the ones that have the $$$$$$$$$$!:confused:

The grey color will not be offered by any carriers in the United States. If you want it you will have to buy from a store that imports unlocked phones.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
That is incorrect my friend. The device is still locked to AT&T. You could never buy an unlocked Lumia 920 for $449.99 , impossible.

The grey color will not be offered by any carriers in the United States. If you want it you will have to buy from a store that imports unlocked phones.

I will check in more detail on this but my feeling since it is AT&T is that you are right! Just makes business sense to rope the individual thinking he has a "no commitment" and bang he buys the phone and it is locked!

I might wait to see if Overseas has a black friday pricing if they do not meet the AT&T price. I just not going to go crazy and add $200 more for just it being unlocked since it cost about $10-$20 for a code to unlock it!

I will just let it play out! Thanks for the info on Overseas Electronics! I may just get another iPhone after all! iPhone5 for $749 does not look that bad of a deal with 32GB after all!

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
overseas has the cheapest price i've seen so far, thanks for that!
I just placed an order for an unlocked white 920.

In retrospect I should've just waited to see if they had a deal for black friday/cyber monday... Oh well.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
overseas has the cheapest price i've seen so far, thanks for that!
I just placed an order for an unlocked white 920.

In retrospect I should've just waited to see if they had a deal for black friday/cyber monday... Oh well.

What is their price. Can you provide me a link? I can't seem to find it on their site.

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I will check in more detail on this but my feeling since it is AT&T is that you are right! Just makes business sense to rope the individual thinking he has a "no commitment" and bang he buys the phone and it is locked!

I might wait to see if Overseas has a black friday pricing if they do not meet the AT&T price. I just not going to go crazy and add $200 more for just it being unlocked since it cost about $10-$20 for a code to unlock it!
I will just let it play out! Thanks for the info on Overseas Electronics! I may just get another iPhone after all! iPhone5 for $749 does not look that bad of a deal with 32GB after all!

Its not that its just 200 more just because its unlocked, an unlocked device comes with various benefits that you wouldn't get with a standard carrier version of the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)