Wifi issue with my 920

KissMyConverse

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Heres the issue:

If I have network hidden and am not broadcasting the SSID, the phone will not connect to the wifi network. If the SSID is broadcast, there is no problem connecting. I even tried getting it to connect while it was broadcasting, which it did, and then hid the SSID, after which it no longer would connect.

Any ideas how to fix this issue? I would like to keep my SSID hidden and not broadcasting.

esarz

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue, however I read that it wasnt supported in Wp7 so I can only assume it is still an issue with 8..... I had to add another and broadcast the SSID :(

brettpfleiger

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
wifi issue with some open networks

The guest network at my office is not working with my 920 and my coworker's 920. Neither of us had problems with our previous phones, focus and galaxy nexus.
We connect to the WiFi but we seem unable to connect to anything. I don't know of any device other than our 920s experiencing this issue.

LinT

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
im having the same issue, my phone wont connect to our company hidden wifi. Anyone find a solution?

Chris Lound

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
My connection to our office hidden network is very sporadic. Sometimes it connects and other times it refuses to connect at all. My old TITAN WP7.5 had no problems on this same network. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintchip