Capacitive Button color?

jd195

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see any posts on this, so I apologize if it's been brought up. Was wondering if anyone else noticed that the capacitive buttons seem to be more of a very slightly off-white/yellowish color rather than the bright white that I was used to on my old Epic 4g. This tends to only show itself in low-light situations, since I didn't notice it in the store or in sunlight. Just trying to figure out if this was by design and I didn't realize it at first or if something is slightly off on my phone (not the worst thing to go wrong, since it makes the buttons a little less harsh to look at).

Thanks

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that mine were off too. So no, not just your phone. I have a black 920. And since I've had Windows phones before, I noticed it immediately.

doctordowling

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine to. Black NL 920. It actually really bugs me. Cuz it just looks off. Like it cheapens the look of such a premium device to have yellow-ish buttons.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It's looks pretty f*%king white for looking look like chrome while unlit. For crying out loud are you people trying your damndest to find things to complain about? 80% of the threads since yesterday are a whine-fest. :mad:

cflumia920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I can say absolutely this is a defect. I bought a black lumia 920 the first day it came out. I liked the phone alot, but the call quality in the earpiece was awful. It was so bad I went to the store to see if mine was broken and the demo unit call quality was great...Got my new black lumia 920 in the mail today. Works great, except the bright white buttons have a dull yellow to them now. If I had not had the prior lumia I probably wouldnt have cared, but knowing that this is my second defective lumia makes it very hard to enjoy being a windows phone user.

I also notice when i wake the phone up, the buttons now just flash the yellowsih/white color quickly. On the other 920 the buttons stayed lit until the phone was unlocked or the screen went black again. Defintely a defect.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs