Anyone tried the Cinemagraph function?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
beb6ecacba72afd8423d24304a138530.gif

I hope they add an option to speed up or slow down the animation.
It's there. After you are satisfied with your image there are a few options.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It's there. After you are satisfied with your image there are a few options.

Hmmm, I missed it. Ill take a look. When you took that pic, was your phone sideways?

Still dont see it. I see options to Loop and increase/decrease animation which isnt speed but rather turning on/off animation to whatever part of the pic you choose. Then you can save it. But I see nothing about speed.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a few of my son playing hydrothunder on min.us. It is the best hosting option imo currently. seach for the account Godzilla.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, I missed it. Ill take a look. When you took that pic, was your phone sideways?

Still dont see it. I see options to Loop and increase/decrease animation which isnt speed but rather turning on/off animation to whatever part of the pic you choose. Then you can save it. But I see nothing about speed.
My mistake, I thought I remembered seeing it in there. Yea, I had my phone sideways.

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
There doesnt seem to be away of actually sharing it unless you open the photo in Cinemagraph and show someone on your phone. They really need to add an option to actually save it as a .gif. Almost defeats the purpose without that ability.

You don't have to do anything special. It is saved as a gif by default. The only reason why you need to open it up in Cinemagraph is not because it's not a gif, but because most image viewers don't support animated gifs. So you can share the photo normally, but they just won't be able to view it w/o having something that supports gifs.

Seriously, if FB would support animated gifs, I could see Cinemagraph becoming really popular. I would be uploading gifs all day long.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to do anything special. It is saved as a gif by default. The only reason why you need to open it up in Cinemagraph is not because it's not a gif, but because most image viewers don't support animated gifs. So you can share the photo normally, but they just won't be able to view it w/o having something that supports gifs.

Seriously, if FB would support animated gifs, I could see Cinemagraph becoming really popular. I would be uploading gifs all day long.

You're right.

And FB must have some sort of "reason" for not doing so. Theyve been around long enough and Im sure have heard plenty of requests for it and probably could do so quickly, if they wanted to. It be nice if they allowed them. Some day perhaps

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I played around with it got some interesting pictures with it. Nothing more then just showing it off to Harry Potter fans.

LikeWaah

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You're right.

And FB must have some sort of "reason" for not doing so. Theyve been around long enough and Im sure have heard plenty of requests for it and probably could do so quickly, if they wanted to. It be nice if they allowed them. Some day perhaps

Yeah, you know, I have no idea why. There must be a reason it isn't universally supported. Maybe it has to do with difficulties with distinguishing a regular gif with an animated gif?

Edit: I googled it real quick, and this is one possible explanation.

Facebook scales and convert most uploaded images. To scale an animated GIF and preserve the animation frames is not as trivial as scaling a normal image, so I imagine that they in the early stage decided to not support this.

I don't know if that's truly the case, but it might be. It's certainly a better guess than anything I could come up with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb