1. csfoley's Avatar
    I have a ATT Nokia Lumia 920 that is having issues with Exchange

    I have 2 accounts I have tested with.

    Account 1:
    Works perfect on Lumia 900 and 920

    Account 2:
    Works with errors on Lumia 900
    Does not work with 920

    On the 900 i get an error about 5 specific contacts. Here is an example:
    Filed as: Weisnier, John
    This contact couldn't be synced to your phone
    Error Code 1

    On the 920 I get this error 80070057 and nothing syncs

    The interesting thing about the 900 is the account still syncs mail, calender, etc. If I delete the offending contact then it has a list of 5 new contacts that are problems. The 920 won't sync anything.

    So I know the phone and Exchange are ok since my other account WILL sync without issue on both.

    I think this is related to contacts or something. I have seen other people on the internet with the same error on other mobile os types.

    The only thing I have to offer is this particular account has 1600+ contacts. I hope it isn't limitation as this user is an CxO level executive and we are testing Windows Phone for a larger deployment in the company.

    Any ideas out there?

    Also there is a thread of at MS with others having same problem:

    Windows Phone 8 Nokia 920 from build event will not sync exchange old - Microsoft Community
    11-11-2012 08:31 AM
  2. aemond's Avatar
    Sadly csfoley didn't find the solution for his case, but there is a serious workaround on the link given above.
    11-15-2012 08:59 AM
  3. theta8159's Avatar
    I had some old RSS feeds added to outlook that were causing issues. I deleted them all and I was able to connect fine.
    12-12-2012 08:25 PM
  4. vsosa's Avatar
    I have a Lumia 900 and I updated my phone to 7.8 and got the same problem. I read on another forum that you have to restart the phone while the phone is charging and reboot with the charger still plugged in and it got rid of the problem! Try it! It worked for me
    05-16-2013 11:24 AM
  5. aemond's Avatar
    For information: this issue has been fixed. Not sure if it was GDR 1 or GDR 2, but it's fixed.
    Last edited by aemond; 10-12-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    10-12-2013 12:27 PM