Your thoughts on the wireless charging plate?

Cellus13

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging is something good when you dont feel like tampering with wires or at work. At home I think you should use a USB cord at home since its more effective.

Brian McBride

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I really dig the wireless charging. I have the stand now on my work desk and it works great. It might charge slower than USB, but being able to pick up the phone and set it back down for calls or quick texts is fantastic.

Iamdunne

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
My AT&T store had to ship mine. I got the white Lumia and they were going to send me a black wireless charger. I had to request the white and he had to go in and change it to the correct color. Does everyone else's wireless charger match their phone?

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I'd like to know...

Can a thin case be used and still used wireless charging? I would liek to have somehting minimal... just one of those hard plastic wrap-arounds.

I wouldn't have thought so, but seeing the demos where they had special tables and were able to charge through them makes me think maybe it will work?

Since qi is a standard, they obviously have to meet certain requirements. I believe that one of them (I may be totally wrong) is that the device can charge up to 40mm away from the actual base, without interference, so a this case shouldn't be an issue.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Since qi is a standard, they obviously have to meet certain requirements. I believe that one of them (I may be totally wrong) is that the device can charge up to 40mm away from the actual base, without interference, so a this case shouldn't be an issue.

Awesome, thanks for that info!

Now... can someone with a charge pad please test by sticking something thin between the phone and charger?

Thanks!!

glimited

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for that info!

Now... can someone with a charge pad please test by sticking something thin between the phone and charger?

Thanks!!
I just tried by putting a brand new stack of Post-It's between the charger and phone and it charged fine. It seems to charge about half an inch away from the charging pad so the range is pretty good.

Spdracer

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Received my charging pad yesterday. Plugged it in and went back to work. Didn't charge my phone all day and let it get down to where it told me battery was critical. Put it on the charging pad and went to bed. Got up this morning and phone was only half charged. Not a good sign. Presently plugged in and hoping its a full charge before heading off to work.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have actually found my phone charges faster thru the wireless charging than the USB. From 30% to ~70% in about 45 minutes to an hour.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Can I get the charging stand for free instead of the pad?

I imagine it depends on the store. My store let me just pay the difference which is fine by me. They discounted the price off the phone. The stand for AT&T costs $69 and the Free one costs $49 so I had to pay the $20 difference.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I'd like to know...

Can a thin case be used and still used wireless charging? I would liek to have somehting minimal... just one of those hard plastic wrap-arounds.

I wouldn't have thought so, but seeing the demos where they had special tables and were able to charge through them makes me think maybe it will work?

I have the Speck candy shell case which has a rubberized inner layer and a harder outer layer and it charges totally fine through the case. Best accessory ever. I had a Palm Pre a few years back with wireless charging and it was very convenient.

TWH8

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick question about the wireless charging - once it reaches 100% I know it shuts off to prevent over heating etc... but does it then cycle charging on and off periodically, and if so, does it make the chime (or vibration) sound each time it does (as when you normall plug windows phone in to charge) as I can imagine that could get a bit irritating if it's sitting on a charging pad in the living room and keeps on chiming every so often?

I'm waiting to claim my free charging plate through phones4u, but it says you have to wait 14 days before claiming (I guess to stop people returning the phones after ordering the plate) so gotta wait another week but I may try to get hold of the energizer dual pad from the US as well since it will be good to have one at work, and I will be getting more QI devices in the near future.

The_Traveler

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a stand up charger next to my bed and love it. I have a flat one, which I'm planning to integrate into my car, and I'm ordering a third standup for my office.

Love it, love it, love it! Sometimes a chord is better because you can use the phone, but most of the times, wireless is better.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick question about the wireless charging - once it reaches 100% I know it shuts off to prevent over heating etc... but does it then cycle charging on and off periodically, and if so, does it make the chime (or vibration) sound each time it does (as when you normall plug windows phone in to charge) as I can imagine that could get a bit irritating if it's sitting on a charging pad in the living room and keeps on chiming every so often?

I'm waiting to claim my free charging plate through phones4u, but it says you have to wait 14 days before claiming (I guess to stop people returning the phones after ordering the plate) so gotta wait another week but I may try to get hold of the energizer dual pad from the US as well since it will be good to have one at work, and I will be getting more QI devices in the near future.

I leave mine on a wireless charging stand by my desk for hours at a time, and it never repeats the chime or buzz.

The_Traveler

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine does sometimes, I think they key is to not take it off of the pad and put it back too quickly. When you take it off, wait until the chime, then put it back.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine does sometimes, I think they key is to not take it off of the pad and put it back too quickly. When you take it off, wait until the chime, then put it back.

Also, if it's not sitting on the stand right (and it really does have to be *way* off - this only happened to my wife once), it keeps chiming until you slide it over so it sits right