Unlocked Lumia 920

iandealencar

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Well guys, I intend to buy a Lumia 920..but I don't know if I should buy an unlocked(almost 700 dollars) or a contract off and after try to unlock(560 + unlock price)...

Because I am from Brazil, and I am going to NY in December, and I have to know which should I buy..
If you think that the unlock is better, please tell me which place can i unlock(like trustable site, physical places, whatever).
and if you think I should buy a Lumia already unlocked, tell me the place where I should buy..
^^

any other options?
please comment

Ian

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well guys, I intend to buy a Lumia 920..but I don't know if I should buy an unlocked(almost 700 dollars) or a contract off and after try to unlock(560 + unlock price)...

Because I am from Brazil, and I am going to NY in December, and I have to know which should I buy..
If you think that the unlock is better, please tell me which place can i unlock(like trustable site, physical places, whatever).
and if you think I should buy a Lumia already unlocked, tell me the place where I should buy..
^^

any other options?
please comment

Ian
I am in a very similar situation, except I'm in M?xico.

I am going to NYC for three weeks from Dec. 21 through Jan. 9. Is there somewhere I can buy it completely unlocked in NYC? Or do I have to go online for that?

I've been waiting SO long for my 920...

iandealencar

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I am in a very similar situation, except I'm in M?xico.

I am going to NYC for three weeks from Dec. 21 through Jan. 9. Is there somewhere I can buy it completely unlocked in NYC? Or do I have to go online for that?

I've been waiting SO long for my 920...

I am going there 19th and until New Year's Eve...
I am waiting for it SOOO long too
:)

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If you are moving back to Brazil, buy unlocked. That seems like a no-brainer to me. Right now there is no known unlock method for the phone. AT&T supposedly will refuse to unlock the phone for at least 6 months (what I have read, but haven't personally confirmed). In short, if you buy the locked version, you will be able to use it when you visit NY, but nowhere else.

Anyway, I am not sure that they are selling the unlocked version of the phone stateside. I know the MS store will have the AT&T locked version though.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
so anyone actually going to buy from gsmnation?

fyi, i sent an email also - waiting for a response to the unlocked question.

PurpleOmen

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking of getting it in the next few days, need to get money transfered. I shall post and let you know what if it is unlocked.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm ordering online from Panama and I need AT&T version unlocked, since I know for a fact Panama is clearing 700 MHz band for LTE use and I want my phone to be futureproof.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon