Battery Life on LTE

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm in an LTE market and so far I've been very impressed with the battery. It could easily last me through the day with medium to heavy use. The first day was impressive and now on my second day it's even better.

EDIT: Actually, That may not be accurate. I've been at home most of the time, connected to wifi, so I'll update after I go through a work day tomorrow, since I'll be on LTE the whole time.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm in an LTE market and so far I've been very impressed with the battery. It could easily last me through the day with medium to heavy use. The first day was impressive and now on my second day it's even better.

Nice to hear. What percentage of LTE vs 3G would you say that you have been using?

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm always on LTE (full LTE coverage in my area), although the phone is too new to really gauge an average battery life per charge.

My 'hunch' is that my battery life is better than I first thought. It's been off the charger for about 4 hours now, and after blocking some background tasks that I don't need and using the phone for games/random stuff this morning it's still showing 94% with 1 Day 20 Hours left.

Of course I don't know how much of that reflects actual LTE usage. I didn't have wifi connected until late last night, so today has been mostly wifi usage. I will say that LTE is screaming fast, way faster than I expected.

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Nice to hear. What percentage of LTE vs 3G would you say that you have been using?

I updated my original post after you posted your response, but I'll post it here too. I've been at home on wi-fi most of the time this weekend, so i didn't factor that in originally. I will say, even when I've been out and about this weekend, I've been on LTE the whole time, and haven't noticed any crazy drain or anything.

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I updated my original post after you posted your response, but I'll post it here too. I've been at home on wi-fi most of the time this weekend, so i didn't factor that in originally. I will say, even when I've been out and about this weekend, I've been on LTE the whole time, and haven't noticed any crazy drain or anything.

Sounds good man. Update the thread when you get more LTE time in.

Oh ya, and LTE is very fast. Hard to go back to 3G after you've been spoiled by it.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
First day I had it it sat on the charger (in the car all day). I had GPS and music streaming over bluetooth and it still died by the end of the day. This leads me to conclude that I was drawing more power than I was receiving. Granted it was plugged into a USB port in our ford Fiesta, I will try the standard car adapter next and see if that does the trick. Still, that's pretty good considering the phone was only at about 30% charge when I opened it.

The following day I felt the battery was horrible. I got about 5 hours usage out of it before I got the "critical" notification.

Today has been really good. Granted I haven't been using it as much, but I am at over 75% battery and it has been off the charger for a good seven hours, one hour usage on it.

Most of eastern Mass seems to have LTE, and I have it in my house too, so it has been on most of the time. Can't complain really. If there are battery issues I don't feel that is due to LTE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos