I don't know how much I like Windows mobile but..

Dreamagain

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
For $50 this phone is impossible to pass up. Great phone, i think it's the most well designed phone I've ever owned.

Also I keep getting this message someone is trying to share a website tagr.com with me.. anyone know how to make this stop?>

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
For $50 this phone is impossible to pass up. Great phone, i think it's the most well designed phone I've ever owned.

Well actually, you probably haven't even tried Windows Mobile as the 920 runs Windows Phone.

I know you might see it as nitpicking but as a group we need to get people on board sometime.

I'll see myself out...

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Pssst....its not windows mobile. Its simply windows phone. Win mo is not what these forums are about.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Also I keep getting this message someone is trying to share a website tagr.com with me.. anyone know how to make this stop?>

I'm glad that you jumped in, the phone and OS are both excellent.

Not too sure about the tagr.com thing, maybe someone else can chime in about that one.

As for Windows Mobile vs Windows Phone, Windows Mobile (also known as WinMo) was for the Windows Mobile 6.x platform, which was only found on phones prior to the WP7 (Windows Phone 7) devices. WM6.x died as an OS at the end of 2010 when WP7 was released. At the end of 2010 Microsoft released Windows Phone 7, just a slightly different naming scheme than the previous OS and now we've progressed to WP8.

So that's why people are saying it's not Windows Mobile, it's Windows Phone. :)

Dreamagain

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Ah. I like how smooth the OS runs, I like a lot about it.. I just loved Android for so long because of the customization. This seems more in vein with iOS right now as far as customization goes. But i'll try to dig deeper.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ah. I like how smooth the OS runs, I like a lot about it.. I just loved Android for so long because of the customization. This seems more in vein with iOS right now as far as customization goes. But i'll try to dig deeper.

You are absolutely right, WP is more like iOS.

Personally gone the full circle. I used Symbian for much over 5 years, moved to Maemo, MeeGo that were true smartphones OS's, then iOS, then Android and now i just want no nonsense phone that's as fluid as possible and integrated with my Windows PC and future Windows tablet.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Are you laying your phone on the box or anything it came with? There's an NFC tag in the box that displays the tagr prompt that youve mentioned...

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
You are absolutely right, WP is more like iOS.

Personally gone the full circle. I used Symbian for much over 5 years, moved to Maemo, MeeGo that were true smartphones OS's, then iOS, then Android and now i just want no nonsense phone that's as fluid as possible and integrated with my Windows PC and future Windows tablet.

I followed a similar path, really enjoyed the customization of the previous smartphones/OS. But, at the end of the day I just want a phone that works, is fast, and integrates into my life well. In my opinion, WP8 is the best for that.

Dreamagain

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
This tagr.com thing keeps popping up. If I hit allow it takes me to a nokia website talking about NFC. It just keeps wanting to take me there. Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett