Let us live through you!!! What can we look forward to??

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
For those of us who have yet to have our 920's delivered, what can we look forward to? What are the AWESOME things about the 920?? There will be plenty of big threads, so Eeyores need not post!!

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine since Friday. Previous phone was a Samsung Focus (for the last 2 years), before that I had an HTC Tilt 2 (for about 6 months), and before that I had an HTC 8525 on Cingular (for at least 2 years).

1) The Lumia 920 feels and looks expensive (in a very good way). It feels solid and the weight to size ratio feels 'right'. When you pick it up it doesn't feel like a cheap toy, it feels like a significant piece of technology, something that'd you expect from a top-tier, modern smartphone.

2) The screen quality is beautiful. My Wife and I compared the Samsung Focus to the Lumia 920 side-by-side and there is no comparison, the Lumia 920 is crisp and clear screen, it looks wonderful. And I already thought the Samsung Focus looked wonderful. :) I've been playing games on it all day, I'm liking it a lot.

3) The OS is very VERY smooth. I've experienced no lag, apps open up super quick and the LTE network is amazingly fast (testing it at home it's quite literally faster for me to use LTE than it is to use WiFi on my home 30mb/s internet connection). LTE gives me about 16mb/s while my home WiFi gives me about 10mb/s. Real world experience: The phone auto-sync'd my contacts and all Windows Live ID account info (like pictures, facebook stuff, email, etc) in under 1 minute on LTE. I was extremely impressed.

4) Tile customization. At first it seems kind of cool, but after a while it becomes an obsession. Setting all your tiles up the way you like is a lot of fun and really does make it your phone.

I could go on about the phone, but mostly it'd be about the WP8 OS itself. The most noticeable thing about the Lumia 920 is the screen, in my opinion. Videos/netflix looks awesome and it just works like it should.

With WP8 OS there seems to be a lot more configuration options than before. I like to tinker and it's been fun 'tuning' WP8 OS to my preferences.

My Wife is eager for her Yellow Lumia 920 to arrive in the mail, hopefully soon!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
One the first things that struck me is how high-quality the feel, fit and finish is. The 900 was great in this department too, but the 920 raises it to a whole new level. There is absolutely no other phone with the possible exception of the iphone, which feels as well made as the 920 does. It feels as if it's carved out of a solid block of polycarbonate perfectly sculpted for the human hand and the curve of the screen glass is decadent. Its really hard not to fondle the thing. You'll see.

And thats before you even switch it on... :lol:

Great phone though, if you liked the 900, you will love the 920.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Landsharkk's post applies for me as well (especially the fiddling with tiles part... can you say "obsession"?!?) and I'd add these things:

Audio: Dolby Digital plus an equalizer makes music sound WONDERFUL on this phone. That was one of my 900's weaknesses when compared to the HOX and Rezound phones I'd used. The 920 is right up there, if not better, than any phone I've ever used. I love how the music tile pulls links to all music apps together too!

Night-time photos: Yes, yes, we've heard this mentioned constantly, but it really is, at the risk of sounding Apple-esque, magical when you see it in action. I've never had a camera, especially a cell phone one, do anything but flail helplessly when trying to get good low-light photos. Seeing your own low-light photos come out so nicely is great!

I also appreciate how the 'lenses' bring all your photo-related apps together too. It makes so much sense that once you see it in action you're amazed no one thought of doing it before.

Display: Just to re-emphasize what Landsharkk said, the screen is really, REALLY, beautiful, colors are vibrant without being oversaturated, and while blacks aren't quite as pristine as the 900s, they're still way better than almost any other displays out there. The added resolution is especially helpful when browsing web sites.

So far I absolutely love it, and you have a lot to look forward to!

Last edited:

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
^^^ yes the resolution is wonderful coming from a 900, it's so nice to be able to view webpages easily without having to zoom in and photos look amazing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss