Just got my Cyan 920 and...

WIndowsReborn

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The sim is invalid or so it says. I'm upgrading from having an Iphone for the last 4 years, so excuse me if this is a foolish question, but how do I get it activated?

tlegend2012

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
The sim is invalid or so it says. I'm upgrading from having an Iphone for the last 4 years, so excuse me if this is a foolish question, but how do I get it activated?
the sim should come with the phone.. if you are using your Iphone sim it won't work,because it is in use..
2 options:
a.use the sim card that came with the phone

b. go to At&T store and grab one

Hypetrak

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
They gave you an email which gives you the activation number and the steps to do it via internet. If you did that and it still did not work, then call into customer service where you can get it activated via voice prompt. It will require your phone number, zip code of billing address and the last 4-digits of your social security. Once you've given the correct info, your new phone will be activated and the old one will be deactivated.

If you are still having issues, then call customer service again and skip the automated voice message and it will put you to a human where they will help you activate it.

WIndowsReborn

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
the sim should come with the phone.. if you are using your Iphone sim it won't work,because it is in use..
2 options:
a.use the sim card that came with the phone

b. go to At&T store and grab one
Yeah, a new sim came with the phone, and was already installed, however, it said it was invalid from the start.

Sounds like I'll have to make a trip to the store.

WIndowsReborn

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
They gave you an email which gives you the activation number and the steps to do it via internet. If you did that and it still did not work, then call into customer service where you can get it activated via voice prompt. It will require your phone number, zip code of billing address and the last 4-digits of your social security. Once you've given the correct info, your new phone will be activated and the old one will be deactivated.

If you are still having issues, then call customer service again and skip the automated voice message and it will put you to a human where they will help you activate it.

Thanks! Phone is working now!

Quick question, is it normal that the 4g/LTE doesn't show up in the corner?

Hypetrak

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Phone is working now!

Quick question, is it normal that the 4g/LTE doesn't show up in the corner?
No problem, I had the same issue when switching from my iPhone to the 920 aswell.

That question I do not know for sure. The rep told my girlfriend not to worry if 4g/LTE doesn't show up on her phone for the first week when she bought her Note 2 from AT&T. The reps explanation had something to do with service towers not being fully up yet, or something along those lines.

My guess is that it varies from city to city, but I suggest talking to AT&T for more info on that.

EDIT: Nvm I thought you were not getting 4g/lte rather than it not displaying on the phone. Beer Pawn is right ^

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue, but I have so many cards here that I used a different one and while doing so, I noticed the warehouse put the sim in, incorrectly. Already wasted the sim, but those with issues, make sure the sim in in correctly.

The part with the globe and sim card number should be facing the tray!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb