Regular charger vs charging pad

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
What's the difference is charging rate???? I'm sure the regular wall charger charges faster, but how much faster?

Anyone get a chance to test it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Also... how safe is it to have the phone charging with the regular charge and the charging pad at the same time?

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you'll get many/any answers to this very soon. I don't believe the wireless charging pads have really been delivered yet (although I heard that maybe a few people received theirs today).

EvoKnvl

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I got mine today. I haven't tried dual charging. Been taking it on and off all day to top it off. So not entirely sure how much quicker it is.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't want my phone to explode. :)

I will time the wireless charging speed tonight. Right now my phone just hit 100% so I gotta drain it down.

Update: Started charging at 50%. 26 min later the phone charged 16%.

So, if the charging rate stays constant, it would take about 3 hours for a full charge.

PY5At.png
Kb145.png

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I used the wireless charger and my device charged up fully from around 30%-40% up to 100% within 2 hours.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been charging my device with the plate, exclusively. I may eventually start using the charger again though.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I certainly wouldn't recommend dual charging. Surely the battery will be designed to charge via wireless or USB, not both. You'll just cook that battery doing both at the same time.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I think I've already done so without dual charging. My battery will not last even with no usage!

I'm gonna remove WhatsApp. Hopefully, it improves then.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What's the difference is charging rate???? I'm sure the regular wall charger charges faster, but how much faster?

Anyone get a chance to test it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

3-4hours wireless plate
1 1/2 with regular charger

WEB_War4

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Does your guys' status light turn off on the pad when the phone is fully charged? The light on my stand doesn't seem to turn off, even though the manual states that it should.

Edit: Seems to be working finally.

Last edited:

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I've already done so without dual charging. My battery will not last even with no usage!

I'm gonna remove WhatsApp. Hopefully, it improves then.

What's your signal strength like in your area? If the phone is constantly at low signal strength, and this goes for any phone, it drains the battery faster. Also, if your not connected to WiFi turn that off so its not constantly searching.

Ekin Koc

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charger seems fast enought for me, but I have no scientific data :)
I got 2 of them, keep one on my office desk, one by the bed. My Lumia is always around 75-100 battery percentage.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
What's your signal strength like in your area? If the phone is constantly at low signal strength, and this goes for any phone, it drains the battery faster. Also, if your not connected to WiFi turn that off so its not constantly searching.

Yup... definitely know that and that is why I know it has to be an app or the battery itself.

In all actuality, I've had better reception now that my battery is draining. I have been on vacation most of the time with the 920 (when I had good battery life) and at home, my reception is bad. Whereas now I have bad battery life off of vacation, out of my house, where I have 4-5 bars of LTE.

loukkis

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Someone from Nokia said, that wireless charger delivers 85% of wall chargers power. It was unclear to me, that did he meant that it has 85% efficiency or what..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss