Music Player frustration

jaycraig

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I am working my way through the 920, before this I had an android, and am getting frustrated with the music player. There is no fast forward or rewind function, only a next and previous track function. This is with the xbox music player but I found the Nokia music player to be the same way. Am I the only one who likes to be able to rewind or fast forward? I have looked at a few other music players in the app store but haven't found one yet.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
So I am working my way through the 920, before this I had an android, and am getting frustrated with the music player. There is no fast forward or rewind function, only a next and previous track function. This is with the xbox music player but I found the Nokia music player to be the same way. Am I the only one who likes to be able to rewind or fast forward? I have looked at a few other music players in the app store but haven't found one yet.

Hold the next and previous button and you will be able to do what you want.

jaycraig

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This x 10.

Do people ever try simple things anymore before leaping onto the boards to vent their frustrations? This was mentioned in one other thread before. http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/201964.htm SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE YOU RANT AND RAGE!

Thanks for the quick answers, I did search but didn't that specific thread. I appreciate the help, a million internets for everyone!

RANT RANT RAGE RAGE!!!!!

CAPcadetJC

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I overall am displeased with the Xbox music app on both PC and my 920. There's no easy way to add songs to a playlist that Ive found. I have to play the song to get the option to add it to a playlist, among other short comings. I cant wait for the spotify app. Just so much easier to manage my music with their conventional interface. Very disappointed in Xbox Music.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I really do wish you could track the song using your finger, not holding the buttons.

Myself really only used Nokia Music as i anyways use the Mix Radio. Kind of weird thinking i was Zune HD owner and that kind of brought me to WP.

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Try the Nokia Music app. I am not a 'music on my phone' kind of guy. But a coworker that also got his 920 on Friday swears by the Nokia app. He loves the way you can set up play lists and down load them for off line play. He said that you get a limited amount of skips but that was not a big problem for him.

eurovisionacts

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I really do wish you could track the song using your finger, not holding the buttons.

Myself really only used Nokia Music as i anyways use the Mix Radio. Kind of weird thinking i was Zune HD owner and that kind of brought me to WP.

Yes, the music aspect of this phone is real piss poor, compared to the iphone. Someone needs to make a duplicate version like the itouch / iphone.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm extremely displeased with Xbox Music compared to Zune. The Zune application was simple to use and simple to manage my content, and it ALWAYS worked.

Now I'm getting sync errors all the time, my dynamic playlists are static, and half my Zune Pass library won't sync because of DRM issues. I had to break down and sync using traditional Windows Media Player instead. At least it mostly works.

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The music player is seriously making me want to return back to ios6 with the iphone 5. I don't understand why there isn't basic functionality like search, dedicated music icon from your homescreen, or even tracking?????

also, why does the phone's search button not search for things on your phone is beyond me.

LazarusKnight

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There is NO Fast forward functionally on windows phone 8 when playing files from an SD card. Period. It does NOT work. Nokia tech support told me this quite politely. I've tried several music players and none of them will do it. The functionality is blocked by the device itself for some asinine reason. It makes having expandable memory pointless.

Venom98

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So I need some help. I have been a long time Zune user. My wife was the first to get a Wp7 device. I was holding out for Wp8 which I now have with the Lumia 920. Zune/Xbox Music allows for the use of multiple phones under one account. How do we keep the devices on the account, but content of phones seperate? Upon entering my Windows Live ID into my brand new Lumia all my wifes contacts loaded onto my phone, as well as her music. I spent a good portion of the night removing this data. I did shut the cloud feature on my 920 off. Upon removal of the contacts, my wife informed me they disappeared off her phone aswell. So, how do we enjoy the Music pass and all Wp has to offer avoiding the syncing of info on our seperate devices throught the one Windows Live account? Any help would be appreciated.​

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote

Dreamagain

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The nokia music app you cannot fast forward songs (at least i couldn't find a way).. the biggest gripe with the awful players is backing out to the artist menu. I go to artists, find a band, click an album and listen.. there is no easy way to get back to the artist list without hitting the back button like 6 times.. it's just bad.

naveed126

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
the lack of a properly functioning music app is shameful for nokia. Sure it has ffw and rew but it feels like it is from the early 90's trying to use a walkman where you have to press the button and hold it until you get to the position in the song where you want to start listening. where is the tracker? where the progress bar that is interactive? where are the music shortcuts - maybe the live tile could be interactive and have play / pause / tracker etc? instead of going through the main menu -> music -> banner -> then press and hold the ffw button?

fail nokia / wp 8... and for these two companies this functionality should have come naturally, as they pioneered much of this during its invention.

This x 10.

Do people ever try simple things anymore before leaping onto the boards to vent their frustrations? This was mentioned in one other thread before. http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/201964.htm SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE YOU RANT AND RAGE!

Stewart Marshall

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
There are only 6 basic functions required for a music player. Start, stop, next, previous, fast forward and rewind. The last two apparently only work on the lock screen and then you have no idea where in the song you are.

My first mono cassette player in 1982 was better than that.

Why is it so hard on a modern smart phone?

If you 're looking to sell lots of phones, and particularly to the younger buyer, having a crap music player might be seen as counter productive.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have no frustration - just happy with Nokia Music ... never use fast fast forward and rewind ... a simple guy like me is just happy to open a music player by 3 click (power - volume down - play and to change volume, if needed) and to continue lissening - start, stop, next, previous is just enought ... I do not skip songs often ... well, playlists can be done and edited, radio mix is just great and I feel it is easy to find any artist, song or playlist (by letter search), some I like to lissen (I have 1500 songs and few playlists) ... but I agree that there could a search button too, but I do not feel that it makes it really faster, just more like 1 option more - maybe they will add search later with other functionalities ... :)

Last edited:

Flasheart

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
How can I get a job at Microsoft so I can help them fix there music players. The programmers might be clever but they don't know what features music lovers want.

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
My frustation with the Music Player (and Nokia Music) is Playlist and search for music. Adding songs to a playlist requires a not-so-user-friendly work around and there's no way to delete songs or re-arrange Playlist without a computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo