Plastic build quality seems poor on top of screen?

Humayun Khan

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I just noticed something...on top of the phone, close to the headphone jacks, on top of the earpiece, try pushing the frame of the frame down towards to screen...It actually clicks and seems as it is not snug tight. Is this only with my phone? I freaked out when I witnessed this happening.

EG8196

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem too,
esp at the top right of the phone,
you can feel the "gap" and hear the "click" sound when you push it.

I hope my new unit will not have this problem

Humayun Khan

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That's your SIM tray probably.

It is in the center of the phone above the earpiece, and it is surely not the SIM tray. In fact, when I force to push the plastic in, the sim tray lines up perfectly. Otherwise there is a very slight, almost unnoticable difference between the housing and the tray.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't move at all, that doesn't sound normal. I'm actually very impressed with the build quality of my 920, it's a really solid device.

SimplyMorbo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine has such a problem, too, but not at the top, but instead on the right side, between the power and the camera button. Pressing with my thumb from the side or from above (alternately) I can hear a slight creaking noise.

It's not bad, but now that I know it is there I cannot help but press there all the time and it gets more annoying by the minute. Sigh... I think I will have to send it back to Amazon.de and hope they will exchange it for a new one.

Chippius_nl

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine had it ( besides screen problems and battery drain). Exchanged mine. Now it's rock solid. The sales person would have changed it just for the case problem. I would exchange it.

There were also two Nokia representatives in the store by chance and they said it was a defect and it shouldn't be possible.

rkgriffin

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My 920 actually does click if pressed down right above the ear piece. I would have never noticed it if I didn't read this thread... damn it :p Doesn't seem like that big of an issue though.

Jonah P

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine has such a problem, too, but not at the top, but instead on the right side, between the power and the camera button. Pressing with my thumb from the side or from above (alternately) I can hear a slight creaking noise.

I have this problem. The case looks raised a little.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
By looking at my 920, I have got to admit.. I have no idea where there could possibly be anything popping. There are not any seams.

Humayun Khan

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This issue seems quite sporadic, and seems many people have it, and many don't. How can there be so many faulty phones? That's a lot of returns for Nokia; very disappointing.

I still don't know if I should exchange mine for this reason, because I hear the new Rogers Lumia 2nd batch are locked..mine came unlocked out of the box, and I know for sure it works with AWS 1700.

SimplyMorbo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem. The case looks raised a little.

Indeed, when I look very closely I can see that the glass is a tiny bit raised on the right side, where the creaking is. Looks like the display is not fitted perfectly into the body there. Anyway, I have already applied for a replacement at Amazon.de, I just hope the next one will not have any problems. Apart from this issue I really love the Lumia!

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't move until you push it hard; you can hear it "pop" or "click."

Mine doesn't. When you say 'push it hard' do you mean you are trying to push it so it breaks? I pushed with moderate force and nothing at all. I can try to crank on it, but isn't that just trying to deliberately break it through with abnormal usage?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)