Who still waiting for their L920? 11/13/2012

DanteintheDark

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
it says "Cancelled" for me, even more frustrating, ordered at 12AM PST 11/7

You're right, that is more frustrating. Absolutely awful!

My experience with calling is that they are just giving me the canned answers instead of investigating the problem at all. Terrible customer service when I can predict their next line as (fake empathy here) "I understand your concern, but..." with no resolution besides you can cancel...errr, you can try and cancel.

Elfman12

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a Yellow 920 and a Cyan 920 on 11/9 (after only black was available at local store on launch day - separate orders, one via web one over the phone).
From that night until now the status page has just had "Processing". Have called and talked to 2 different reps in the last 2 days, same story. They really have no info above what I can see, even if they try to "ask another source"... nothing more than "well, just keep checking that page and it should ship pretty soon".
That is sooooo frustrating. Just let me know if there is a 10 day delay, I can deal with that. But not knowing anything is a pain. And the fact that AT&T doesn't have a definitive point of contact for an order... well, they have fumbled this launch (for some of us) royally.

rybob1

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Way out in left field here, but its just where my mind is going tonight. I read in the news this week about a bunch of people in different states wanting to get an official response from the president regarding separating from the United States. Apparently if a petition gets 25k signatures, the President is supposed to address it. Well we should get 25k signatures to force the president to "fix" AT&T's problems :) 25k should be no problem for signatures :)

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Red is Good

Either they got a ton of red ones in, or the red inventory level vs demand is pretty good. Of the bright colors (red/cyan/yellow) red seems to consistently have the fastest turnaround time. It was my second choice but, too late for that now..

The store I went to, had stock of Red, Black and White. I went in for yellow on the 10th, and now in the waiting line.
Heard a lot of reds in customers' hands.

rybob1

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
My order confirmation and shipment notice were one and the same email. 2.5 days between order placement on ATT.com and shipment/confirmation email for a Red Lumia 920

When were you able to see your order the system doing the order status option on their website? Should I be seeing that at 24 hours?

Korfuntu

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I received two emails from AT&T last night at the same time, one confirming my items as backordered (yellow Lumia 920 and charging pad), and another confirming shipment with the FedEx tracking number.

I think it's safe to say that AT&T's systems are struggling to make sense of the Lumia backorders, and that conflicting information (or less than timely information) will be the rule rather than the exception until the order backlog is filled.

I ordered my Lumia 920 the night of the election (Nov 6th), and my FedEx tracking status shows I should receive it by tomorrow.

Last edited:

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Please response with date ordered and color.

-Ordered on 11/8 8am (Red)

****Just got off the phone with Premier support - she indicated that a bunch of shipment just arrived****

****Finally got a shipping date****
Placed my order 1 Lumia 920 (Yellow) and 1 Lumia 920 (Cyan) on Saturday 11/9 and according to the website my order is still processing today, this is unacceptable. I just called to cancel my order and will personally pick up the cyan 920 at my nearest Microsoft store. My wife will have to wait for her yellow 920, luckily I can take down her iPhone 4S listing that I put on ebay. I don't like to rant, but this launch by AT&T has been a disaster in many ways. AT&T's ordering system seriously needs to get fixed and provide more relevant information about orders. :mad:

MakJae9

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ordered Cyan 920 on 11/10

Still says processing... however it says Nokia 920 (BLUE) and the rep said she couldn't find "cyan" .. should I be concerned that is causing delays?

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yellow Lumia 920 shipped

Yellow Lumia 920 ordered 11/7 morning shipped last night now on the way from Jacksonville to Orlando (2 hours away from final destination). Yellow charging plate still shows "processing" though.

Kyle Blank

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ordered on the morning of 11/7/2012, ATT canceled it on Friday (no explanation).
Called customer support on 11/9/2012 and the placed the order again.
Two credit card holds later, ATT canceled the order again on 11/12/2012.
I called support and went to the supervisor. They admitted it was something wrong in the system.
The asked if I could just go to the store. This is impossible since my home and number are based in Houston, TX. I'm currently working in Minot, North Dakota and won't be back until February. I have to order online.
They told me to put the order in again. If it cancels again, they will arrange it for me to get the phone in the Minot store but have the Houston number.

Today is 11/15/2012. The first two order holds on the credit card are gone. A charge for the third order is now on the credit card, but no phone yet and no estimated shipping date...UGH.

btw, I ordered the Cyan Lumia 920.

Jetface

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Ordered on the morning of 11/7/2012, ATT canceled it on Friday (no explanation).
Called customer support on 11/9/2012 and the placed the order again.
Two credit card holds later, ATT canceled the order again on 11/12/2012.
I called support and went to the supervisor. They admitted it was something wrong in the system.
The asked if I could just go to the store. This is impossible since my home and number are based in Houston, TX. I'm currently working in Minot, North Dakota and won't be back until February. I have to order online.
They told me to put the order in again. If it cancels again, they will arrange it for me to get the phone in the Minot store but have the Houston number.

Today is 11/15/2012. The first two order holds on the credit card are gone. A charge for the third order is now on the credit card, but no phone yet and no estimated shipping date...UGH.

btw, I ordered the Cyan Lumia 920.

This sounds very similar to my experience thus far, minus the location of my number. The last support rep I talked to said it seems to be only happening to those buying the phone with off-contract pricing, and that it was coming up with a mismatch number error for the two canceled orders. She added a sim card to my order in hopes that it might push the order through this time. So far it hasn't been canceled again, but it is in the processing state. With that said I did get an email about the free charging plate being shipped separate from the phone. I'm kind of hoping that since I got the e-mail about the charger that the order actually did make it through this time and it's just waiting on the cyan phone to come back in stock. I'm not holding my breath though.

m0unds

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine (Cyan) via Premier on the 10th. It's still in "Processing" - I'm willing to bet part of the delay (assuming the device was actually in stock to begin with) is the holiday on Monday.

Kyle Blank

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This sounds very similar to my experience thus far, minus the location of my number. The last support rep I talked to said it seems to be only happening to those buying the phone with off-contract pricing, and that it was coming up with a mismatch number error for the two canceled orders. She added a sim card to my order in hopes that it might push the order through this time. So far it hasn't been canceled again, but it is in the processing state. With that said I did get an email about the free charging plate being shipped separate from the phone. I'm kind of hoping that since I got the e-mail about the charger that the order actually did make it through this time and it's just waiting on the cyan phone to come back in stock. I'm not holding my breath though.

I got the email about the free charging plate. It wasn't much of a surprise since it showed up on my order online and in the email confirmation. I am also getting off contract. My HTC HD7s bit the dust about month ago. Been suffering using my work phone (iPhone 4s). The iPhone is not a good phone for business. Really want my Lumia!!!

q8buckeye

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Placed an order via Axiom Telecom (UAE) for a White L920 [wanted international, factory unlocked]. Initial shipping date was today (15.11.12). Woke up today to find out the shipping date has been pushed back to 21.11.12 :(

Note: I ordered from UAE - shipping to USA

Kyle Blank

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Placed an order via Axiom Telecom (UAE) for a White L920 [wanted international, factory unlocked]. Initial shipping date was today (15.11.12). Woke up today to find out the shipping date has been pushed back to 21.11.12 :(

Note: I ordered from UAE - shipping to USA

At least they were nice enough to give you a date...ATT is just leaving many of us in limbo with nothing. If it was a delayed a week or two, but I was notified when I ordered and given a date, I would be fine.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Placed my order 1 Lumia 920 (Yellow) and 1 Lumia 920 (Cyan) on Saturday 11/9 and according to the website my order is still processing today, this is unacceptable. I just called to cancel my order and will personally pick up the cyan 920 at my nearest Microsoft store. My wife will have to wait for her yellow 920, luckily I can take down her iPhone 4S listing that I put on ebay. I don't like to rant, but this launch by AT&T has been a disaster in many ways. AT&T's ordering system seriously needs to get fixed and provide more relevant information about orders. :mad:
I guess, they didn't expect the demands for Lumia 920's

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Still says processing... however it says Nokia 920 (BLUE) and the rep said she couldn't find "cyan" .. should I be concerned that is causing delays?
I just hope they were right about the huge shipment coming in. I ordered the 8th and just came in today 11/15

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb