My personal battery experience (great)

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought I'd show my battery experience, since some users are accepting the Lumia 920 to have bad battery. That shouldn't be the case.

YESTERDAY, I took the phone off of the charger at 8:15 am. I had it at my desk throughout the day. The phone never went more than 10 minutes without me picking it up, texting, browsing, or just messing with the layout. I downloaded a few apps and used skype. I'm in an LTE market, and don't use wifi at work.

Once I got home, I connect to wifi. I use the phone a little less, but still do periodic texting, youtubing and browsing.

This is what it the battery said when I went to bed about 1:15 am:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9BEF31A58DC76A6E!630&authkey=!AAsfDqk0w6ph_5k

41%. I left the phone idle and did not put it on the charger last night.

I have been using the phone for texting and a little browsing today. Here is the battery life as of right now.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9BEF31A58DC76A6E!631&authkey=!AGrn-6OTmNDeXtQ

The battery saver kicked in at 20%.

That's more than enough battery for me. I may return the phone and get another 920, just because I have the issue at the top where if you push down on it you hear a pop sound, but, I'm wondering if I should keep this one, since I don't want to risk getting one with crappy battery. But then again, maybe it's a software issue with some of them, and a wipe would fix it.

Either way, battery life has been great for me.

bkaul

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Battery life for me seems to depend on cell signal quality. In my office at work, where it's searching for signal off and on all day, it drains rapidly. At home or out and about, where I have solid LTE service, it lasts all day even with quite a bit of usage.

anon(5339110)

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
One thing I've found that really chews through the battery on the 920 (and the 900), is using the speaker-phone a lot during voice calls.

That said, my battery "seemed" to be doing really weird things (for example, from 70% to 40% during a one hour jog)--until I ran the battery down to zero and did a full recharge. Now, much, much (much) better. No worries about running out in one day...

In the backround I have:
Battery Level
BBC News
Bloomberg News
CNN
My Stocks
Nokia Driver Beta
USA Today
Weather Channel
NY Times

Plus, I am updating two email accounts in real time, and another every 15 minutes...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss