Rogers Lumia 920 (Second Batch) - Locked or Unlocked?

Balkan Eddy

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok i just got Lumia 920 form Rogers in Toronto today and it's definitely unlocked,
well im on Fido so since Rogers owns Fido it might be that only Fido sim cards work with Rogers Lumia.
It might be the case from the beginning, since the guy who tried last week he tried Fido card too.

I dont have any other sim to try, but i can assure you that FIDO works.
And the phone is unbranded there is no Rogers print on the phone itself only when you start-up the phone rogers logo appears.

Matt Fara

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried cellunlocker.net, they couldn't unlock it and refunded my payment.
I'm on Fido, so the phone IS working, I was just hoping unlocking it would get rid of the Rogers logo on start-up.

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried cellunlocker.net, they couldn't unlock it and refunded my payment.
I'm on Fido, so the phone IS working, I was just hoping unlocking it would get rid of the Rogers logo on start-up.

I don't believe unlocking the phone would get rid of the Rogers logo at start-up. In order to remove the logo, you'd either have to flash the phone to another ROM or modify something interal in the phone.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Can someone who purchased a 920 from Rogers and got the locked version please post the bands listed on the bottom of the box and in the documentation.

I just want to know if it has the same bands as the unlocked version that was sold earlier, or if these are different phones altogether.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, so it looks like it has the same bands as the unlocked versions. A good sign.

Now if only there was a way to unlock it

FuzzyHat

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Will an unlocked Rogers 920 work on Sprint? I'm new to this but my friend is wondering since he doesn't want to move from Sprint (Corporate Discount), just wants to know if he can buy a Rogers 920 outright and have it work on Sprint.

Thank you in advance.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok i just got Lumia 920 form Rogers in Toronto today and it's definitely unlocked,

If you don't mind me asking.. where in T.O. did you grab one? I'm downtown and having a tough time locating any stock.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
try entering ##782#

if the phone doesn't prompt you to enter unlock/pass code, then it is already unlocked.

My Rogers Lumia 920 which I bought on Nov. 1st when Rogers first sold it as a limited-edition does nothing when I do that.

I guess it did come unlocked. A fido sim card did work in it (Call + 3G).

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
My Rogers Lumia 920 which I bought on Nov. 1st when Rogers first sold it as a limited-edition does nothing when I do that.

I guess it did come unlocked. A fido sim card did work in it (Call + 3G).

thx. yes, the first batch is unlocked like many have said.

anyone with the second patch tried entering the code and test it out?

wp7USER

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
thx. yes, the first batch is unlocked like many have said.

anyone with the second patch tried entering the code and test it out?

Just tried it and nothing happened as well. But I just came from a Wind mobile store and tried a sim of theirs and the phone was locked. Tried a fido sim in it though and it worked.

Am with wind and am trying to get this thing unlocked. Cellphoneunlock.net tried unlocking it but they refunded my money. I want to try unlock.canadagsm.ca but I don't want to waste my time. If someone has tried that method and had success please let me know or am gonna have to hand rogers 50 bucks for a stupid code:mad:

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Just tried it and nothing happened as well. But I just came from a Wind mobile store and tried a sim of theirs and the phone was locked. Tried a fido sim in it though and it worked.

Am with wind and am trying to get this thing unlocked. Cellphoneunlock.net tried unlocking it but they refunded my money. I want to try unlock.canadagsm.ca but I don't want to waste my time. If someone has tried that method and had success please let me know or am gonna have to hand rogers 50 bucks for a stupid code:mad:

Either wait a little bit for these website to actually get the code to unlock or pay $50 immediately to Roger to get it unlocked. One guy has succeed to unlock his device through Roger, so now it all depends on how you willing to wait or pay a high fee to get it done fast.

wp7USER

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Either wait a little bit for these website to actually get the code to unlock or pay $50 immediately to Roger to get it unlocked. One guy has succeed to unlock his device through Roger, so now it all depends on how you willing to wait or pay a high fee to get it done fast.
I wonder how long tho, am dying to use this phone:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb