After 2 weeks of use, I'm very disappointed.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I still love my 920 but I have had a couple lockups. Try holding Volume down and the power button for 10-20 seconds. That always causes mine to reboot and come back from the dead.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I just about hit 2 weeks with my 920, and I still love it.

Camera is great to me. Battery seems good but I haven't pushed it yet.

I do get frequent lockups but I am talking to Nokia atm to see if I can help them fix it.

Will you be returning the phone? The Nexus 4 looks like a great device.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
To the OP, I'm going to guess you have a bad phone. The last 2 days I took my phone off the charger at 7:15am, then deliberately used it under heavy load (lots of game playing, browsing, etc) and by 9pm I still have about 25% battery life left.

As for Facebook, if I'm in the app and lock the screen, when I unlocked the screen it takes less than 1 second for the app to 'resume'. I never get a black screen.

And judging by how you don't notice much speed increase over the Lumia 710, I'm going to conclude you should get your phone swapped out for a working one.

Ricky C

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The woes of being an early adopter. My wife got an iPhone4 the day it came out and it had many of the same problems. I got the iphone4 6 months later and it never had any of the glitches hers had. I kind of anticipated having some glitches with my Lumia, but am bummed out after hearing the battery problems, freezes, and the camera. I am wondering if the HTC 8X has the same issues and am thinking the problems with the 920 may be why it was priced so low.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the Rogers one from the first batch too. I did all the video reviews for you guys.

So far I've been very happy with the phone. Battery hasn't been an issue with me as at work and home, I always try and charge the phone as frequently as I can (better for battery health).

However, I am going to leave the house tomorrow at 7 AM with the phone fully charged and not charge it during the day and see how it lasts.

As for lockups, only had one and was able to clear it with a hard reset.

As for camera, Nokia will address the softness and under-saturation in a firmware update soon hopefully. Darker/low-light pictures still drop my jaw until now.

As for speed, I saw a significant increase over the 900. Not sure why you're not spotting that. WP7 was already very fluid and fast.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
scott - if your phone still isn't turning on. Press and 'volume down' and the 'power button' until it vibrates. Took me about 10+ seconds.

I just had that happened to me. Phone did turn on after that.

NVM - someone just beat me to the punch ;)

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I bet this whole battery issue has alot to do with the specially upgraded LTE chip on the AT&T and Rogers Lumia 920. Added to that, the OS software that AT&T and Rogers installed on the 920s are slightly different to that of the unlocked international versions.

The unlocked Lumia 920s are showing longer battery life easily

I dont mean to honk my horn, but this is exactly why i dont buy carrier branded phones. I alway stick to the international versions which are manufacturers specs and are not altered in anyway.

Sure it costs a bit more but its worth it. Just my opinion.

gbx5

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I bet this whole battery issue has alot to do with the specially upgraded LTE chip on the AT&T and Rogers Lumia 920. Added to that, the OS software that AT&T and Rogers installed on the 920s are slightly different to that of the unlocked international versions.

The unlocked Lumia 920s are showing longer battery life easily

I dont mean to honk my horn, but this is exactly why i dont buy carrier branded phones. I alway stick to the international versions which are manufacturers specs and are not altered in anyway.

Sure it costs a bit more but its worth it. Just my opinion.

**** yeah man! Can't wait for my unlocked international red to arrive!

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I also upgraded from a 710 to the 920, but have not had any of the issues you've had. I've also noticed a marked speed increase on all applications.

cacb90

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This is my third Lumia in a 4 days and I can't receive my text messages yet. I already changed the sim card and and called at&t and still nothing happens. Help, I don't know what to do.

I still love my Lumia, BTW

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs