Best place to buy the 920?

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
So I've been waiting to get my 920 (AT&T) until things settled down a little and I could find the best deal, but now that the phone is available I'm not sure where the best place to purchase it from is.

I know that AT&T is supposed to be offering a free charging plate but I've heard conflicting reports on that, theres also Walmart who's offering the phone for $50 but someone just posted a new thread talking about how poor their experience with Walmart was so I'm not sure about that. You've also got Amazon which I believe does price matching so hypothetically they would match Walmart's price and my experience with them has always been rock solid. Then there's the matter of the free charging plate, I know AT&T is supposed to be offering them but there's also that website that Nokia is supposed to be giving them out through so I'm not sure if you'd use that if you buy it from an outside retailer like Amazon or if thats only for people in the UK. Last but not least there's Microsoft Stores which I have a few of in my area but I don't believe they price match and again I'm not sure about the free charger.

Anyways its all just kind of confusing and I want to be sure I get the best deal with as little hassle (and wait) as possible so if you guys could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

FYI I'm switching from Verizon so I'll be starting a new contract, if that matters.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Well it looks like you did your homework. AT&T will indeed get you a free wireless charger, Walmart is cheaper if you don't count the free charger. If you do its essentially the same price but that's assuming you wanted the charger and were going to buy one regardless. There is also Best Buy who may price match Walmart but my experience with them is sketchy at best usually I have an easy time but when I have bad experience wooboy its bad.

For me I tend to deal with the AT&T stores in general if I have an issue I can call up the CS and deal with them and get credit on my bill or something usually.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Anybody have luck getting AT&T to price match the $49.99 and throw in the wireless charger plates? How about waiving the activation fee? If I come back to AT&T I want them to really sweeten up the deal for me!

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Anybody have luck getting AT&T to price match the $49.99 and throw in the wireless charger plates? How about waiving the activation fee? If I come back to AT&T I want them to really sweeten up the deal for me!
My plan is the store gives me the wireless charger and now I am going to contact CS and see about the price matching.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I was only able to get a $25.00 'good will credit' from the phone CS after buying the phone for 99.99 at ATT (with a free charger).

I considered that a win in my book.

FreedMania

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I ended up getting a $205.00 good will credit from the phone CS but that was after canceling my order twice. Finally I just went to an AT&T store and bought the phone there for $99.99 with a free charger.

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Is that $25.00 instead of $205.00? How are you all handling the prices of the ATT plans? I just can't pull the trigger again. Paying $45 for straight talk and equivalent ATT plan would cost $89 plus taxes, etc...so probably $100. That's outrageous!

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Call AT&T and talk to the customer service and se if they can give you the price match.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077