Wireless charging

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Got my wireless charging pad in the mail today. The 920 gets very warm when charging wirelessly. Anyone else seeing that with their phone while charging it wirelessly? My 920 also gets pretty warm when I use it for long stretches of time so they could be related.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Well in my general experience batteries always seem to get warmer as they charge (At least those NiMH chargers did). In addition I believe my Wii wireless charger also got pretty warm when charging it may be a result of the wireless charging process which wouldn't surprise me that much.

DrThete

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Got my wireless charging pad in the mail today. The 920 gets very warm when charging wirelessly. Anyone else seeing that with their phone while charging it wirelessly? My 920 also gets pretty warm when I use it for long stretches of time so they could be related.

Wireless charging is only about 70 - 80% efficient. The remaining 20 - 30% is released as heat. That will heat up both the pad and the phone, and is a different issue to what causes phones to heat up when in use.

The phone should start to cool reasonably quickly when removed from the charger, or when it's 100% charged (no power being transferred means no heat being generated).

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If my mailman wasn't too lazy to walk up half a flight of stairs and knock on my door today I would be able to let you know if my 920 got warm with the charging pad.

Alas, I need to go pick it up at the post office tomorrow. :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss