EE, L920 for ?399, where can i get one?

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

i got my current black L920 on Satruday from P4U shop for ?459 but my battery life is getting worse 6-7 hours max. So i'm thinking of returning the phone to P4U and at the same time buy it from EE. Save me ?60.

Is it true that EE are doing the L920 for ?399 PAYG? if so, do i have to get one from a store Or can i order one online? Went to a couple of LEEDS EE shop but they had no clue.

thanks

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
right been to another EE shop and they said they will sell me the Lumia 920 on Orange for ?399.

But ive got a t-mobile sim, will this work?

Can i get the Lumia 920 unlocked from the net?

simsini

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine PAYG on Orange to use with a T-Mobile sim and it works. A Virgin sim would work too. They also gave me the free wireless charger and some headphones, so make sure you get these as well!

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Im gonna try this out in manchester tonight after work an see how I get on.

I'll let you know if i'm successful or not.

Any idea if they are advertising about the free charger and headphones in store or online or is it a 'surprise' when you buy the phone? I'd like something to fall back on if they try to deny me them!

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Im gonna try this out in manchester tonight after work an see how I get on.

I'll let you know if i'm successful or not.

Any idea if they are advertising about the free charger and headphones in store or online or is it a 'surprise' when you buy the phone? I'd like something to fall back on if they try to deny me them!

are you going to try a t-mobile sim ina orange L920 phone? If so defo let me know how you get on.

I asked in the store if a wireless plate comes free with it and was told YES.

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
are you going to try a t-mobile sim ina orange L920 phone? If so defo let me know how you get on.

I asked in the store if a wireless plate comes free with it and was told YES.
No i was gonna try a virgin sim, but i dont see why i couldnt pick up a t-mobile one an try that too

simsini

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The lady wasn't sure about the free wireless charger, so checked (I presume) an internal email which stated that it came free with all new connections. She then said that as this was a new connection I would get the charger.

The free headphones are advertised by various posters instore. They are free with any PAYG phone over ?50.

And for anyone still in doubt, I am currently using mine with a T-Mobile sim when it was sold as an Orange PAYG phone. It definitely 100% works. :)

Last edited:

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
The lady wasn't sure about the free wireless charger, so checked (I presume) and internal email which stated that it came free with all new connections. She then said that as this was a new connection I would get the charger.

The free headphones are advertised by various posters instore. They are free with any PAYG phone over ?50.

And for anyone still in doubt, I am currently using mine with a T-Mobile sim when it was sold as an Orange PAYG phone. It definitely 100% works. :)

wicked. tomorrow going to give my P4U L920 back and pick up one from EE. Hope i dont have any of the issues im having at the moment

simsini

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why this ?399 price is not advertised anywhere on any of the EE websites. Fail :/

When I bought mine in Tunbridge Wells, they said that they could sell the contract phones on Orange as PAYG, yet other stores told me they could only sell them on contract alone. Some stores only had the contract prices on the display and other had the PAYG price on display as well.

It must be to do with commission or targets they need to meet.

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So operation 'buy a lumia 920' was a total failure!

Of the six, yes six!!, EE shops I went into none of them had any non-contract lumias to sell.
Oh well looks like I'm stuck waiting for the EE 'express' delivery service to turn up!

The lumia 940 will be out by the time I get my hands on this one.

Apologies for my failures

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
So operation 'buy a lumia 920' was a total failure!

Of the six, yes six!!, EE shops I went into none of them had any non-contract lumias to sell.
Oh well looks like I'm stuck waiting for the EE 'express' delivery service to turn up!

The lumia 940 will be out by the time I get my hands on this one.

Apologies for my failures

No need to apologise. I'll test it tomorrow n let you know

Brent920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I find it unbelievable t-mobile/orange/EE are stocking shops over selling these to customers who have ordered online or through customer services.

I know of several people who have gone into a shop to get one and cancelled their online order.

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I know of several people who have gone into a shop to get one and cancelled their online order.

I was sorely tempted to do this tonight but I simply cant justify paying ?160 for the phone upfront when I only paid ?20 for it on my pre-order.

Had a little play with a white 920 in one of the shops, this made it even harder to resist the temptation to buy it there and then!

Brent920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
t-mobile can't even give an estimated date. Pretty annoying when some people have had them from phones4u ON T-MOBILE for a week now. :mad:

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
someone help me here please,

found a store that has an orange L920 for ?399 but are clueless about the free charger that comes with it. Do you usually get that from the store or is it ordered online once you have the phone?

what do i do

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb