Lumia 920 Weight Issues

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
It would be fine if it wasn't so thick and ....smaller than that to be honest.

I read your numbers, but all I kept hearing is my 20 year old son saying, "Wow, that screen is so much bigger than my iPhone[5]'s!"

The case on his iPhone5 made it just as wide, almost as tall, and just a tad thicker that my 920. I am not sure about the weight, because we both lift, so it isn't an issue.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, we're talking about personal opinions. I have no problem with the size and weight of the phone. However, my sister picked up my 920 and her first comment was "wow that's a heavy phone." She has an iPhone 4. She doesn't read tech blogs, and had no clue that it's being mentioned so much. Of course, if she would have mentioned the thickness I was prepared to compare my phone with her Otterbox covered iPhone, but she didn't.

It is going to be an issue for some people, and I think it's a reviewers responsibility to report it. I don't think it's their responsibility to go on and on about it, however.

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm a woman who carries a very small purse. I have always preferred small phones (my Veer was my favorite). So I waited for the Nokias to come out and get a hands-on due to reviews about the size and weight. I actually had pretty much settled on getting the 820. But then I held them and the HTC too.

To be honest, even with my predjucies against large, heavy phones I picked the 920. It just doesn't really feel THAT heavy. Sometimes it pays to not pay too much attention to 'reviews'. Especially since so many of the reviewers are Apple fans. I've learned to just go see for myself.

I'm quite pleased with my phone. Weight and all.......

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Eh....i don't notice the weight. But I came from the HTC g2. While it is heavy, I was use to it. My 920 feels like a feather to me yet still feels solid and full of quality.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I doubt many people would have made any kind of major complaint had the "issue" not been circulated around the blogs so prevalently.

The tech media is just one giant echo chamber.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12