Dirt and grease on cyan Lumia 920...how do I keep clean it?

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Got a call on Sunday while working out at the gym. Took the call and got a few "sweat spots" on the back of my Cyan 920. Tried hand-sanitizer, lens cleaner, vodka, and warm towel. Those did not do anything to clean off the shiny spots. Found a post on the Nokia's official forum that suggested rubber eraser and rubbing alcohol. Those did the trick. My Cyan now looks like new again.
nice! Glad you got it back to looking good.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Call me old fashion, but I do the "haaaaaaaaaaaa" (breathe on the screen) and wipe it on my tee shirt. Both sides. About a month later and zero scratches and no smudges.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just be mindful of where you put your phone down when not in use. I carry a cloth with me to wipe down the phone but I don't do any serious "cleaning" more than once a week.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I got my new Lumia 920 Cyan a couple of days ago and I really love the color. The best part is that it looks different shades in different lighting situations. What I am worried about is that the dirt and grease/oil/sweat from hands could just stick to the beautiful cyan region of the phone as it is matte finish. Any idea how I can make it immune to the discoloration caused by everyday use? How do I clean it regularly to maintain the original color of the phone?

Thanks,
Aj

Sorry for the bump of an old thread, but I want to share a great way to clean any 920.

For the screen or daily wipe downs, use lens cleaners. Get the non alcohol ones. They sell them super cheap by the box full at a lot of places, Wal Mart, Target, CVS, Costco, etc.

If you have a weird discoloration, try rubbing just a TINY amount of Purell on the spot, leave it for a second, then rub off with a microfiber cloth. I had an odd black-ish fingerprint on the back of my white 920, and nothing was taking it off - finally, a tiny dab of Purell cleaned it right up. Looks back to brand new.

Anshul Ravishankar

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I can understand your trouble :) im a nokia 920 white owner :D

Use hand sterilizer. This is the best way.
1) Add a drop of hand sterilizer on the screen n wipe it all over the screen with a clean n dry cloth till you dont see any more grease marks on the screen. This is how you clean your screen :)
2)Do the same to the body, add 1 drop of hand sterilizer at the top then 1 drop at the bottom of your phone back, then gently rub the sterilizer all over your phones body with the same cloth. Till you see it shining! You can clean the lense cover while cleaning the back of your phone :)
Dont use too much of sterilizer! Few drops can do the trick! :) This also helps to disinfect your phone to a certain level.

Hope this helped! :) Cheers! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750