920 Bricked

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site
So my new Cyan Phones came in today. I wanted to move my SIM from my Red 920 into the Cyan. (Red was for daughter)

Unit was fully charged when I started.

1. Did a System Reset, through Settings --> About phone
2. Phone rebooted.
3. Phone stopped on Nokia Logo for over 5 minutes.
4. Did Hard Reset (vol dn, pwr, camera)
5. Still Stuck on the Nokia Logo
6. Left Unit alone for 4 hours
7. came back, Unit was very Hot and battery dead.
8. Unplugged and unit died.
9. Let Cool, plugged back in
10. Stuck on Nokia Logo.

I can not shut the phone off, hard reset restart the phone every time.

Only way to **** down is pull the power cord and let battery die.

Any Thoughts.......

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Try this. It will format the phone. You will lose all data.

22252d1352574291-nokia.jpg

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
My cyan 920 was unresponsive yesterday morning. I did a soft reset and it powered back up, but I still took it to the store and traded it for a new 920. I didn't want to take any chances with a defective phone past the 14 day return window. The only thing that sucks is that they only had black in stock. I really miss the cyan.

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site
KoukiFC3S - Just tried it, ! screen never came up. ATT screen came up, then it restarted, did it 6 times in a row.

ATT Store is looking for a replacement. Shocker Red sold out all over Orlando.

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Here is a Picture of where I am stuck at.

Let me still say this. I LOVE THIS PHONE. Once I took off Nokia Drive Beta, my battery has been awesome. at 93% presently, been off charger for 5 hours.

shard#WP

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
KoukiFC3S - Just tried it, ! screen never came up. ATT screen came up, then it restarted, did it 6 times in a row.

ATT Store is looking for a replacement. Shocker Red sold out all over Orlando.

Same thing here. The stores don't even have black in stock except a couple none corporate. Who won't even deal with me since I'm returning a bricked one.

If I could only remove the battery!

Frantics

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened here.
Tried a System Reset to wipe the phone out and start fresh in hopes of improving the battery life but got stuck in the screen with the turning gears for hours.
Now, after purposely draining it to get out of that screen, my phone won't boot past the Nokia screen.

I tried KoukiFC3S's advice but it gets stuck on an AT&T Deathstar logo loop.
Looks like ATT's splash screen is preventing it from going to the recovery screen.

I'm going to try and exchange it today for a fresh unit and have them do a system reset immediately to see if it's a common problem.

I really like this phone (when it's working) but this is getting frustrating. :mad:

watdawg44

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened here.
Tried a System Reset to wipe the phone out and start fresh in hopes of improving the battery life but got stuck in the screen with the turning gears for hours.
Now, after purposely draining it to get out of that screen, my phone won't boot past the Nokia screen.

I tried KoukiFC3S's advice but it gets stuck on an AT&T Deathstar logo loop.
Looks like ATT's splash screen is preventing it from going to the recovery screen.

I'm going to try and exchange it today for a fresh unit and have them do a system reset immediately to see if it's a common problem.

I really like this phone (when it's working) but this is getting frustrating. :mad:
Same here. Called AT&T support and they are sending a replacement.

vinnyvv

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I mine bricked?

I did a reset through the settings screen on my nokia lumia 920 and its been stuck on the gears setting screen for 15 min. just keeps spinning. how long should i wait?

dseiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to my Red 920. It started having sound issues and a restart fixed it for about a minute and t hen sound died again. Everything on the phone was working but then it started throwing up sound related error dialog boxed.

I went into the menu to do a reset and then saw the gears. I had it plugged in and just let it sit while I did some work. 2 hours later I did a button reset and got the Nokia logo. Basically it was dead.

Ended up returning it and exchanging it for a white one. It was a hassle to find a unit and no stores around had red so I ended up with white which is still nice. I would be worried to do a reset on the phone again which is not a great thing to worry about.

maverick96

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
This happened to my black 920 as well. Couldn't get it past the Nokia logo no matter what I did. Returned it to AT&T and stuck with my iPhone 5. I really wanted to keep the 920 but after 2 days of owning it then having that problem was enough to scare me away

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12